Middle States Accreditation
Chatham University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Information regarding the complaint process can be found on the Middle States website.
A key component of regional accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education is the completion of a campus-wide analysis of an institution and its progress every ten years. Over 2016 and 2017, Chatham has been undertaking its Decennial Self-Study, which culminates in the creation of a self-study document and a visit by a team of University peers from other Middle States accredited colleges and universities on March 26-29, 2017.
A Middle States Steering Committee and Working Groups were established to lead this process, and the final self-study document can be reviewed on MyChatham.
Pennsylvania Department of Education
Chatham University is authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) to confer degrees. The Department of Education can be reached by writing to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education Office of Postsecondary and Higher Education, 333 Market Street, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17126, or by telephone at 1-717-783-6788. Additional information regarding the PDE complaint process can be found on the PDE website.
Chatham University is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code.
- Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (MOT)
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (MPAS)
- American Chemical Society (Undergraduate Chemistry)
- American Psychological Association (PsyD)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (RN-to-BSN, MSN, DNP)
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (DPT)
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation (MIA) (BIA)
- Council on Social Work Education (BSW)
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) (MBA, MAcc, Undergraduate Business )
- Landscape Architectural Accreditation Board (MLA)
- Masters in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MSCP)
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Teacher Certification Program (MAT)
If you would like to review the official accreditation documentation, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs.