Careers at Chatham
|Division||Finance and Administration|
|Chatham University is seeking applications for the position of Electrician.
The Electrician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, service and repair of buildings’ and grounds’ electrical systems, circuits, equipment and fixtures. You will also operate and maintain portions of the phone, data and television cable system, including the termination of phone, data and television cable systems and moving and updating phone numbers. Duties will include:
- Replacing interior and exterior lamps at varying heights
- Installing, maintaining and repairing overhead and underground electrical circuits and components
- Installing, operating, maintaining and troubleshooting telephone cabling, termination and equipment
- Installing data cabling and terminations to meet CAT 5 specifications
- Using testing devices to troubleshoot equipment
- Performing or assisting in performing the preparation of cost estimates, material orders and reports, as well as maintaining records
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma or GED, at least five years of electrical trade experience and a journeyman’s electrician license recognized in the city of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County. Requirements include the skills, knowledge and experience in the distribution, installation and repair of electrical systems from the transformer to the user; the ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams; and a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
Chatham University is a thriving, dynamic institution with three colleges and one school – Chatham College for Women and the co-educational College for Graduate Studies, College for Continuing and Professional Studies, and School of Sustainability and the Environment.
|Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.|
Interested candidates should submit a resume or academic vita, a cover letter with salary requirements, and the names of three professional references to:
Human Resource Department
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Or e-mail to: email@example.com
(If using electronic mail, please send as WORD document)