Scholars Program Curriculum
- First Year Writing Seminar (counts as required core class)
- First Year Science (counts as required core class)
- First Year Dialogues (1-credit Scholars seminar)
- Sophomore Intellectual Traditions Seminar in the Disciplines (choose one course)
- Junior Faculty Seminar in the Disciplines (choose one course)
Upon graduation, having completed the five Scholars’ courses and having maintained a 3.0 GPA, your Chatham diploma and transcript will recognize you as a Chatham Scholar.
How can I become a Chatham Scholar?
You aren’t necessarily accepted into the Chatham Scholars Program because of high SAT scores or an above average GPA. In fact, we begin looking at applicants starting with a 3.25 GPA and a 1000 SAT (combined CR/M) or a 22 ACT score. The Scholars Program is limited to only 20 students per academic class, so we are looking for students who want to be challenged and want to engage us, as well. We are looking for individuals who will contribute to campus culture.
Let your admissions counselor know that you are interested in the Chatham Scholars program and submit an application (below). You may also submit a supplemental piece which can highlight not just your academic strengths but showcase achievements, creative work, community service, volunteer work, travel – it’s up to you to decide what you think makes you a Chatham Scholar.
Take the initiative today!