Food, Farm & Field for High School Students
Stay tuned for our program dates in Summer 2014!
High School students can receive 3 college credits from the Food, Farm, and Field class! The credits are included in the program cost.
- Love being outdoors but never had the opportunity to grow your own food?
- Interested in cooking but never thought about where the food comes from?
- Care about ending hunger but not really sure what causes people to end up without resources and access?
- Wonder how art could be used to tell a story about plants, animals and ecosystems?
- Find bees, seeds, mushrooms, chickens, blueberries, and compost equally fascinating?
Then Chatham's Food, Farm, and Field class is for you. Experience the ecosystem of agriculture and food this summer, as you immerse yourself in a working farm and campus, designed to help you grow your knowledge of sustainability, food, and the environment. In this dynamic and affordable course, you will live on campus for two weeks, exploring the critical relationship between food, farm, and environment. The program will blend visits from experts, group discussions, field trips, and hands-on lab and field activities on the farm and in the kitchen. Each day will also include time for fun and relaxation with swimming, hiking, yoga, and reflection (through writing, video, and photography).