Chatham Field Experiences
The Chatham Field Experiences program offers eligible Chatham students international study and travel as an integral part of their Chatham degree program. Eligible students must have completed 30 credits at the time of travel, 15 of which must have been completed at Chatham.
Chatham Field Experiences include academic courses focused on interdisciplinary topics, taught by Chatham faculty during the Maymester term. The courses, topics, and foreign sites vary from year to year, depending on faculty interests and experiences, the global economy, and current international political conditions.
The cost for the field experiences vary based on location and other variables such as excursions, food, etc. Students may use their study abroad voucher toward the program costs.
Application Deadline for 2014 Field Experiences October 18th 2013 12pm (noon)
Locations for 2014 Field Experiences
Brazil: Endangered Species in the Pantanal: Dr. David Fraser, May 2-May 18, 2014
Brazil: Sustainable Energy Practices and Construction in the Pantanal: Dr. Robert Lettan, May 2-May 18, 2014
South Africa: Rainbow Country Trails, Dr. Jean-Jacques Sène, April 29-May 16, 2014
Italy: The City in Post-War Italy - Siena, Florence and Rome, Dr. Prajna Parasher, May 1-May 16, 2014
Italy: Italian Renaissance: Painting, Sculpture and Architecture, Professor David Burke, May 1-May 16, 2014
Application Procedure for Maymester Field Experiences 2015
- Field Experiences announced late September or early October 2014
- Faculty leaders present information sessions about programs late September or early October 2014
- Online application deadline - to be announced (October 2014)
- Before Spring Advising, field experiences application decisions announced.
- December 1st 2014deposit due to Student Accounts Office.
- Spring semester students take prerequiste course for field experience
Previous Chatham Field Experiences Locations
Chatham Field Experiences 2013 Locations
- Berlin, Germany and Brussels, Belgium: Identity and Social Policy in the European Union
- South Africa: Rainbow Country Trails
- Taiwan: Multicultural Taiwan
Chatham Abroad Maymester 2012 Locations
- Berlin, Germany: International Business in Germany
- The Galapagos Islands: A Conservation Experience
- Indonesia: Art and Culture in Contemporary in Indonesia
- Istanbul, Turkey: Contemporary Issues in Turkish Society and Politics