Curricular Practical Training
Curricular Practical Training– It is off–campus employment authorization for F–1 students who have been studying in the U.S. for at least one year.*** It allows F-1 students to gain practical work experience in their field of study, prior to the completion of their academic programs. CPT may only be used while taking classes. Authorization is granted by the university.
Steps to applying for CPT
- Attend CPT workshop or watch CPT video ( you must attend workshop or watch video before CPT appointment)
- Obtain a job/internship offer
- Download and review the CPT application
- See your advisor to get CPT application form signed
- Complete CPT advising form and make an appointment with International Affairs
- Start job/internship
CPT authorization is requried for both paid and unpaid jobs/internships
Please contact the Office of International Affairs at Internationalaffairs@chatham.edu with questions about being at Chatham as an international student.