Chatham University

International Affairs

Curricular Practical Training

Curricular Practical Training- It is off-campus employment authorization for F-1 students who have been studying in the U.S. for at least one year.*** It allows F-1 students to gain practical work experience in their field of study, prior to the completion of their academic programs. CPT may only be used while taking classes. Authorization is granted by the university.

Steps to applying for CPT

  1. Attend CPT workshop or set up meeting with Office of International Affairs.
  2. Obtain a job/internship offer
  3. Download and review the CPT application
    1. Undergraduate
    2. Graduate
  4. See your advisor to get CPT application form signed
  5. Make an appointment with International Affairs
  6. Start job/internship

CPT authorization is required for both paid and unpaid jobs/internships

Please contact the Office of International Affairs at with questions about being at Chatham as an international student.