Employment Information for International Students
F–1 students at Chatham University have several different employment options.
- On campus employment– Students on F–1 visas are allowed to work on campus. F–1 students and federal work study students have first priority for on campus positions. Employment opportunities available on campus are listed on NACElink. You will need to create an account to access these positions. Per Chatham University regulations, all students are only allowed to work 16 hours per week during the academic year.
- Off campus employment– There are three options for F–1 students to work off–campus.
- Curricular Practical Training
- Optional Practical Training
- Severe Economic Hardship– It is off–campus employment authorization for F–1 student who have been studying in the U.S. for at least one year who have and/or are experiencing financial difficulties. Please contact the International Student Services Coordinator for more information.
- Finding Jobs or internships
Please contact, Vivian Yamoah at email@example.com or +1 412 365–1267 with questions about being at Chatham as an international student.