ELP Mission Statement
The mission of Chatham English Language Program is to provide high quality instruction and services in English as a Second Language to Chatham undergraduate and graduate students and individuals who wish to improve their English proficiency for academic, professional, and social purposes.
- provide intensive ESL instruction to non-native speakers of English
- provide customized language and cultural programs and professional English Language Program to overseas and local institutions, businesses, and communities
- offer credit courses for non-native English speaking matriculated degree-seeking students at Chatham university
- offer other ESL services and cultural activities including ESL tutoring, a conversation partner program, a language table program, and field trips
- advise the University on ESL-related issues