Paying the I-901 fee
The easiest way to pay the SEVIS/ I901 fee is online.
Online Payment of the SEVIS Fee:
- Obtain Form I-901 at https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/
- Complete Form I-901 online (be sure to insert your name exactly as it appears on your I-20) and supply the necessary Visa, MasterCard or American Express information.
- Print a copy of the online receipt. (Please make sure that you are able to print when you pay the fee.). MAKE SURE YOUR PRINT THE RECEIPT!!
- We suggest that you keep a copy of your receipt with your other important immigration documents.
Paying the SEVIS Fee via Western Union:
To find the nearest Western Union Agent location go to http://www.payment-solutions.com/agent.asp and select a country, or call the telephone number of the Western Union Commercial Services Network Agent in your country as listed in your phone book.
- If you choose this payment option, do not file the Form I-901 online.
- Print out a copy of the western union instructions from http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/wu_instr.htm, a copy of the Western Union form example and a copy of either your Form I-20 or Form DS-2019. Take these items to your local Western Union Agent location.
- Go to a local Western Union Agent location and pay the SEVIS I-901 fee in the local currency
- Review the Western Union form to make sure that the Western Union agent uses your name, your SEVIS ID number and your date of birth (not the information that appears on the Western Union form example).
- After three business days, check on https://www.fmjfee.com/ to view your payment status. Once you see confirmation of payment on the https://www.fmjfee.com/ Web site, print out the confirmation page. The confirmation page serves as proof of payment of the SEVIS I-901 fee and can be used for a visa interview at a U. S. consulate and for admission at a U. S. port of entry
Remember: It takes two or three business days to process your SEVIS I-901 fee payment.
Paying the SEVIS Fee by Mail:
- Obtain Form I-901 (Fee Remittance for Certain F Non immigrants). Download the form from https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/ or Request the form by phone at 1-800-870-3676 (inside the US).
- Complete Form I-901. Be sure to write your name exactly as it appears on your I-20 form.
- Prepare a check, international money order or foreign draft (drawn on US banks only) in the amount of $200, made payable to “The Department of Homeland Security.”
- Mail the completed Form I-901 and payment to the address indicated on Form I-901.
- A Form I-797 receipt notice should be mailed to you within three days of processing the fee. Be sure to make copies of your fee application and receipt when it arrives by mail, and keep these documents with your other important immigration documents.
Information from U.S. DHS website.
Please contact, Vivian Yamoah at email@example.com or +1 412 365–1267 with questions and concerns about your F-1 immigration status.