Pittsburgh Pathways - Why Chatham?
Chatham offers a world-class education in a dynamic city.
Ranking: A Best College in the U.S. News & World Report Regional University - North category
Areas of academic excellence: Health and lab sciences; sustainability; business and communications; arts and humanities
Enrollment: 2,200 students
Undergraduate majors: 40
Graduate programs: 29
International students: Over 170 from over 25 countries
Pathways and undergraduate students also benefit from:
- Excellent teaching, advising, and services
- Personal attention by faculty and staff
- Guaranteed admission to a degree program
- A greatly reduced rate for Pathways students
- Merit-based scholarships of $8,000-$18,000 a year for matriculated undergraduate students. International airport, train, and bus stations with easy access to Washington, D.C., New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, and Toronto
- Considered a university city with the second most universities and colleges in the country (only after Boston)
- Named the most livable city in the U.S. by The Economist
- World-class museums and galleries, great restaurants and shopping, and exciting cultural events
- Six Fortune 500 companies, more than 300 foreign-owned firms, two of the largest banks in America, a top-ranked health care system, and world-class universities
- A green city with beautiful green spaces, such as Schenley Park, Frick Park, Phipps Conservatory, etc.
- Safe city with a low crime rate
- Low cost of living