Master of Accounting (MAcc) Admission Requirements
- Fall Recommended Deadline - July 1*
- *Rolling admission for Fall entry until August 1
- Spring Recommended Deadline - November 1
- Students can begin the MAcc program in Fall or Spring, but only students with all college pre-requisites are permitted to start in the Spring semester.
Applicants to the MA in Accounting program must submit the following information to the Office of Admissions for review:
- Completed online application form
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Admissions essay (500 words) - Please explain why you are interested in pursuing a MAcc degree at this point in your career. Specifically, how will this degree impact your future personal and career goals? Why did you choose to apply the Chatham MAcc program and what will you contribute to the classroom/team experience?
Admissions Materials may be submitted to:
Office of Graduate Admission
Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Fax: (412) 365-1609
International Applicants to the MA in Accounting program must submit additional documentation to the Office of Admissions.
A list of these documents can be found on the Graduate Admissions Requirement for International Students page.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Financial Accounting 1
- Intermediate Accounting 1
- Intermediate Accounting 2
- Federal Tax Accounting
- * If admitted, you can take these courses before the start or in conjunction with the start of the MAcc program.
After verifying that the minimum academic requirements are met, the program utilizes a holistic approach in reviewing the candidate's entire application. This process is intended to seek talented and qualified individuals of all backgrounds. Taking multiple factors into consideration during our admissions process positively achieves the educational benefits of a student body that is both diverse and academically excellent. This approach includes an evaluation of each candidate’s academic achievement as well as their personal characteristics, attributes and experiences.
Applicants will be informed by the Office of Admissions about whether or not they have been accepted into the MAcc program.
Integrated Degree Program
Chatham University undergraduates applying through the Integrated Degree Program (IDP) must complete all requirements outlined on their respective admission or track tab on the IDP Portal Site. All IDP applicants should work closely with their academic advisor to ensure they are meeting all requirements according to their IDP course of study.