Master of Occupational Therapy Faculty and Staff
Jodi Schreiber M.S., OTR/L
Hometown : Glenshaw, PA
Joined Chatham : 2008
Academic Areas of Interest
Adult learning strategies, Low vision rehabilitation outcomes, Evidence-based neurologic intervention, Assesment tools determining safe independent living among the elderly
Jodi is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh where she received both a Master of Science (1998) and Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Therapy (1991). Jodi has provided occupational therapy in most practice settings; this includes hospitals, nursing homes, private homes, rehabilitation centers, and preschools. Her primary interests are in neuroscience, the diseases/syndromes associated with the brain and spinal cord, and Low Vision Rehabilitation. She has presented both locally and nationally on various topics related to low vision, visual-perceptual disorders and intervention, motor learning, OT intervention with the neurologically impaired adult, and infusing occupation into routine OT practice. She is a previous member of the Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Board of Education and Licensure and was part of the initiative to add optometrist referral to the current Pennsylvania licensure. Jodi has been published in two national journals on the topics of occupation based practice and the use of motor learning techniques with stroke survivors. She has also co-authored two chapters in Willard & Spackman’s Occupational Therapy (10th Ed.) in the areas of sensorimotor techniques and adult orthopedic dysfunction. She is most proud of her co-authorship of Occupational Therapy Intervention Resource Manual: A Guide for Occupation-Based Practice which focuses on the practical use of occupation within a variety of occupational therapy practice settings. Jodi is married and has two sons. She enjoys gardening, craft shows, Jeopardy-quiz shows, and reading.
- M.S., University of Pittsburgh, PA, 1998
- B.S. in Occupational Therapy, University of Pittsburgh, PA, 1991
- Application of Motor Learning Principles with Stroke Survivors. (2000) Schreiber, J. et al.
- Orthopedic and Musculoskeletal Dysfunction in Adults: Adult Orthopedic Dysfunction. (2003) Dolhi, C; Leibold, M; Schreiber, J.
- Interventions to Improve Personal Skills & Abilities: A Sensorimotor Approach. (2003) Dolhi, C,; Leibold, M; Schreiber, J.
- Occupational Therapy Intervention Resource Manual (2004) Chisholm, D; Dolhi, C; Schreiber, J.
- National Board for Certificatied in Occupational Therapy
- Neurodevelopmental therapy (NDT): Certification
- Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association, American Occupational Therapy Association
- Dolhi, C. and Schreiber, J. “Putting Occupation Where It Belongs…In Therapy!”. Beachwood, OH, March 2003