Physical Therapy Faculty and Staff
Ali Abdulsattar Abdulrahman
Hometown : Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Chatham : 2011
Academic Areas of Interest
Personal Areas of Interest
1-Biking. 2-Exercising. 3-Knitting. 4-Gardening. 5-Cooking. 6-Listening to music. 7-Enjoy watching history and food channels.8-Traveling. 9-Hiking.
Ali Abdulsattar Abdulrahman
Buhl Hall, 226A
Woodland Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15232
Work: 412 365 1218..Cell: 336 858 6514
- College of Medicine, Basrah University, 1975-1981, Degree awarded: M.B.,Ch.B. Grade. Within 1st quarter
- College of Medicine, Baghdad University. 1987-1989, Degree awarded: M.Sc. in Anatomy, Histology and Embryology. Grade: very good
- College of Medicine, Al-Nahrain University, 1999-2002. Degree awarded: PhD. in human anatomy. Grade: Excellent TITLE OF M.Sc. THESIS:
- A histochemical study of a-motoneurons of rabbit spinal cord TITLE OF Ph.D. THESIS:
- Carboxyl ester hydrolases in the morphological components of the motor unit
- Trauma/ER Surgeon, Rashied military hospital, Baghdad, Iraq 1981-1984
- Mobile Medical Unit Surgeon, Iraq 1984-1987.
- Assistant lecturer of anatomy, Department of Human Anatomy, College of Medicine, Al-Nahrain University, 1990-1998
- Lecturer of anatomy, Department of Human Anatomy, College of Medicine, Al-Nahrain University, 1998-2006
- Assistant Professor of anatomy, chairman of the Department of Human Anatomy, College of Medicine, Al-Nahrain University, 2007- 2010
- Assistant Professor of Biology, Chatham University, Pittsburgh PA 2011-current
- Anatomy for undergraduate medical students as dissector, lecturer and demonstrator.
- Anatomy for undergraduate students of medical engineering.
- Elective courses in anatomy and related sciences: applied anatomy, cross sectional and imaging anatomy, research methods in anatomy; for undergraduate medical students.
- Anatomy, surgical anatomy, cross sectional and imaging anatomy, research methods, histochemistry, anatomy teaching methods and physical anthropology for postgraduate M.Sc. and Ph.D. candidates in anatomy
- Anatomy for candidates of the Iraqi board for medical studies in the braches of gynecology and obstetrics, radiology and surgical anatomy.
- Supervision on M.Sc. & Ph.D. thesis of the postgraduate students.
- Assessment of M.Sc. & ph.D. thesis of the postgraduate students.
1 Prof. Dr Hani Taha Al Azawi (former Head of Department of Human Anatomy, College of Medicine University, of Baghdad)
2 Prof. Dr. Mahmood Hayawi Hamash, (former Head of Al-Nahrain University), Department of Human Anatomy, College of Medicine, Al-Nahrain University, Baghdad
3 Prof. Dr. Anam Rasheed Al-Salihi, Head of Department of Human Anatomy, Assistant Dean, College of Medicine, Al-Nahrain University, Baghdad
4 Professor Larry Viehland, Chair of Science Department. Chatham University, Pittsburgh PA, USA
A, Abdulrahman; Ultra- histochemistry of Carboxyl ester hydrolases in the gray Matter of rabbit spinal cord.
2-Segregation of motor & sensory components of mammalian.
Peripheral nerves by the activity of non- specific esterase.
3-The effects of growth hormone inhibition on the activities of epithelial cells in thymus gland of mature mice.
4 -An in vivo ultrastructure study of thymic nurse cells in albino male mice.
5-Ultra-histochemical study on lemmocytes in the rabbit.
6- Histological changes in rat liver induced by exogenous melatonin.
7- Histological modulation of adult rat's thyroid in response to anti oxidant factor.
8- Histological effect on epididymidis of adult rats in response to melatonin.
9- Ultra-histochemical study of carboxylesters hydrolases activity in the interneurons of the mammalian spinal cord.
- Biomedical Human Subjects Research Curriculum: CITI
- Protecting Human Research Participants: National Institutes of Health (NIH)