Physical Therapy (DPT) Faculty and Staff
Judith Traister, PT, DPT, MA
Assistant Professor; Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education
Hometown : Pullman, WV
Joined Chatham : 2001
Academic Areas of Interest
Clinical Education; Professionalism; Ethics; Communication; Service Learning
Personal Areas of Interest
Reading; Beading; Travel
- DPT, Chatham College (Pittsburgh, PA), 2006; MA, Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA), 1984; Certificate PT, DT Watson School of Physiatrics (Leetsdale, PA) 1969; BS, West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV), 1968.
- Schreiber J, Downey P, Traister J. “Academic Program Support for Evidence-Based Practice: A Mixed Methods Investigation.” Journal of Physical Therapy Education. 2009; 23 (1). 36-43.
- APTA Clinical Instructor Credentialing
- American Physical Therapy Association: 1969-present
- Pennsylvania Physical Therapy Association: 1969-present
- "Clinical Instructor Utilization of Spinal Manipulation Techniques in Clinical Practice" presented by Shannon Clifford at APTA Combined Sections Meeting, Nashville, 2008, assisted by Patricia Downey and Judith Traister.
- Platform Presentation with Dr. Leesa DiBartola "Assessing Professional Behaviors of Physical Therapy Students During the Clinical Education Experience: APTA Combined Sections Meeting, New Orleans, 2005.
- Poster Presentation. Traister, JA. "Use of Synchronous Virtual Classroom for Students Participaint in Clinical Experience"; National Clinical education Conference, St. Louis, 2004.