Communication Faculty and Staff
Linda Coleman Ph.D.
Hometown : Pittsburgh
Joined Chatham : 2013
Academic Areas of Interest
Health communication Cultural challenges in organizational communication social media and sustainability
Personal Areas of Interest
Singing and playing the guitar. Working out at the gym and hiking. Reading and writing Spending time with friends and family, including pets.
I am currently an adjunct in organizational communications. I received my doctorate in 2011 from Duquesne University in Communication and Rhetorical Studies. I was also a program director for corporate training and development for over seven years. I helped to design an online program for teachers who desired to earn their MA and principle certification. I was in the School of Education for three years. I enjoy working with all students, traditional and those returning to school as adults. I have always enjoyed learning and helping others to learn. I am an avid lover of animals and have shared custody of my daughter's cat Puck. I sing in a contemporary church choir and love music. I have two children, a husband, and a new grand daughter. I am researching the impact of culture and the global challenges of organizational communication. I teach physician assistant health care communication and I enjoy this area very much. I teach business courses, grad and undergrad, and corporate clients. I am very excited to be part of Chatham.
- Ph.D. Duquesne University 2011
- Linking Strategy to Training in Human Resources- Currenlty wirting a text book with colleague on service learning
- Bb, ESL, CRM Database certifcation
- PHRA - presentation for Human Resources
- PHRA, Golden Key Honor Society, Executive Women's Council, ECA, NCA, Greater PittsburghLiterary Guild Tutor
- Designed an online program for teachers with a team The Principla Network
- Supporting the Non- Traditional Student, Ethics in Global World