Cultural Studies Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the major in Cultural Studies, the student will be able to:
- synthesize and apply theoretical concepts to cultural texts, including literature, film, media and public spaces.
- generate a thesis and sustain an argument by using secondary sources and criticism relevant to a topic.
- apply terms of cultural analysis in conjunction with cultural theory in the service of a coherent argument.
- articulate the relationship between cultural representation and material practices.
- locate and define one's own theoretical position in relation to scholarly sources.
- present and defend one's own critical position in formal arenas.