Exercise Science Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the major, students will be able to:
- Write well on exams, short papers, and long papers.
- Make oral reports of varying lengths, either alone or as part of a team.
- Exhibit critical thinking when reading texts, lecture supplements, and other materials.
- Recognize and use connections of exercise science to biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics.
- Demonstrate knowledge about the broad core of exercise science.
- Use ethical scientific methods in obtaining and evaluating exercise science data.
- Exhibit skills in such areas as First Aid, CPR, Principles of Nutrition, Exercise Prescription and Safe Exercise Testing.