Upon completion of the BA in Integrative Health Studies, the student will:
- Be knowledgeable of the basic principles and trends in integrative healthcare.
- Have a cultural and theoretical basis for applying integrative healthcare.
- Have an understanding of the efficacy, safety and place of integrative healthcare in the overall healthcare system in the USA.
- Be able to apply the principles of the basic medical sciences to the various integrative healthcare practices.
- Have an evidence-based approach to accessing, evaluating, synthesizing, and communicating integrative health information.
- Have a knowledge of the interconnectedness of mind and body as components of health.
- Understand the basic principles of traditional Chinese medicine.
- Be able to describe the principles and application of wholistic nutrition and dietary approaches to disease.
- Be knowledgeable of the evidence-based safety and efficacy issues of nutraceutical and botanical therapies.
- Have an understanding of the role of body-based therapies in the treatment of various medical disorders.