Mathematics Faculty and Staff
Assistant Professor of Physics
Joined Chatham : 2010
Personal Areas of Interest
- B.A. Mathematics (with Highest Distinction), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC), 2004
- B.S. Physics (with Honors and Highest Distinction), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC), 2004
- M.S. Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL), 2006
- Ph.D. Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (Urbana, IL), 2008
- V. Gintautas, M. I. Ham, B. Kunsberg, S. Barr, S. P. Brumby, C. Rasmussen, J. S. George, I. Nemenman, Luis M. A. L. M. A. Bettencourt, and G. T. Kenyon. “Model cortical association fields account for the time course and dependence on target complexity of human contour perception”. PLoS Comput Biol, e1002162, 7, 2011 .
- M. I. Ham, V. Gintautas, M. A. Rodriguez, R. A. Bennett, C. L. Santa Maria, and L. M. A. Bettencourt. Density-dependence of functional development in spiking cortical networks grown in vitro. Biological Cybernetics, 102, 71, 2010.
- V. Gintautas, A. Hagberg, and L. M. A. Bettencourt. Cooperative searching for stochastic targets. Journal of Intelligence Community Research and Development, permanently available on Intelink, October 2010.
- V. Gintautas, A. Hagberg, and L. M. A. Bettencourt. When is social computation better than the sum of its parts? In H. Liu, J. J. Salerno, and M. J. Young, editors, Social Computing, Behavior Modeling, and Prediction, 2009.
- V. Gintautas and A. Hubler. A simple, low-cost, data-logging pendulum built from a computer mouse. Physics Education, 44, 488, 2009.
- M. A. Rodriguez, V. Gintautas, and A. Pepe. The relationship between concert and listening behavior: a Grateful Dead analysis. First Monday [Online], 14(1), 2009.
- L. M. A. Bettencourt, V. Gintautas, and M. I. Ham. Identification of functional information subgraphs in complex networks. Phys. Rev. Lett., 100, 238701, 2008.
- V. Gintautas and A. W. Hubler. Resonant forcing of nonlinear systems of differential equations. Chaos, 18, 033118, 2008.
- V. Gintautas, G. Foster, and A. W. Hubler. Resonant forcing of chaotic dynamics. J. Stat. Phys., 130, 617, 2008.
- A. W. Hubler and V. Gintautas. Experimental evidence for mixed reality states. Complexity, 13, 7, 2008.
- M. I. Ham, V. Gintautas, and G. Gross. Spontaneous coordinated activity in cultured net- works: Analysis of multiple ignition sites, primary circuits, burst phase delay distributions and functional structures. In 6th International Meeting on Substrate-Integrated Micro Electrode Arrays, 2008.
- V. Gintautas and A. W. Hubler. Experimental evidence for mixed reality states in an interreality system. Phys. Rev. E, 75, 057201, 2007.
- V. Gintautas, A. E. Champagne, F. G. Kondev, and R. Longland. Thermal equilibration of 176Lu via K mixing. Phys. Rev. C, 80, 015806, 2009.
- V. A. Hackley, L. S. Lum, V. Gintautas, and C. F. Ferraris. Particle size analysis by laser diffraction spectrometry: application to cementitious powders. NISTIR 7097, 2004.