An official transcript is the University's certified statement of your academic record. The official paper transcript is printed on security sensitive paper and contains the University seal and signature of the University Registrar. Therefore, negating the need for notarization. The official electronic transcript is a PDF delivered through the Credentials Solutions Global Transcript Delivery Network. When requesting your transcript select the level of course work undergraduate, graduate or both that you need. For your protection, we will not release an official transcript without your signature.
- Maximum processing time for all requests, is three business days (this does not include weekends) from receipt of request. When placing a request, it important to be mindful of any pending deadlines. Expedited processing and delivery are not options.
- Electronic transcripts which are sent and opened expire within 24 hours.
- Electronic transcripts which are sent and not opened by the recipient expire within 14 days, and a new order will have to be placed.
- Official transcripts will NOT be emailed or faxed (due to security issues).
- Once orders are completed, a confirmation email is sent to the requestor.
- Please note that you must fax your signed release to Credentials Solutions in order for us to release your transcript; this is in accordance with federal law. If you do not complete this step, we will not be able to fulfill your request.
How to Order an Official Transcript
In accordance with Chatham University's mission of sustainability and the environment, the University has partnered with Credentials Solutions to provide 24/7 online transcript ordering. We will no longer be accepting paper copies of the transcript request form. You can choose to have your official transcript securely delivered electronically or you can choose to have a hard copy mailed. Secure electronic delivery is the preferred method. Chatham University charges $3.00 per transcript and Credentials Solutions charges a $3.00 processing fee for each recipient, regardless of delivery method.
Current Students: Should use the Self-Service tool on myChatham or in the student portal to order a transcript to avoid having to sign and submit a release form. By securely logging in to one of those systems, you are authenticating your identity.
Former Students: Should visit iwantmytranscript.com to create an account. You will not be able to use your Chatham email address. You must submit the consent form, and you need to include your social security number or your Chatham student number.
If you experience technical issues or problems, please contact Transcripts on Demand at (847) 716-3805 or email@example.com.