Programs for Academic Confidence and Excellence: Overview
- Tutoring and supplemental instruction enhance student performance by focusing on the mastery of content in specific academic courses.
- Skill-building services are designed to provide students with the tools necessary for success. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Academic coaching
- Graduate writing mentors
- Professional writing specialist
- The Transitions course, which addresses the range of skills necessary for academic success. Students identify their own goals, learn how to control procrastination, become better readers and test-takers, explore their own learning styles, and write academic papers with confidence in this one-credit course.
- Disability support services are coordinated through the PACE Center for students with diagnosed disabilities. The Center arranges for reasonable accommodations with faculty and also provides many of these specialized services, such as distraction-limited testing, assistive technology, alternate textbook formats, and others.
The PACE Center is conveniently located on the third floor of the JKM Library, and is open from 9-6 on Monday through Thursday, 9-5 on Friday, by special appointment in the evenings and on weekends.
Students are encouraged to make appointments for services but are welcome to stop by for assistance on a drop-in basis.