A limited number of Graduate Teaching Fellowships and Assistantships are available to qualified full-time graduate students. These are awarded in the form of tuition remission and can save a student 30% or more off the price of tuition, depending on the number of credits taken per term. Chatham also offers a limited number of paid graduate student employment positions in various academic and administrative departments across campus. All assistantships and campus employment positions provide students the ability to gain valuable hands-on experience, expanded learning opportunities and professional growth possibilities.
- The application for 2015-16 Graduate Assistantships will be available on this website in December 2014.
Assistantship and Fellowship Requirements:
- Students must have already applied for admission to their specific graduate program.
- You will be applying to the general academic department of interest. The department will determine specifically which position you are qualified for.
- Only students who have been admitted to their program will be considered for an assistantship or fellowship position.
- Positions require a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 19 hours/week.
- Positions are awarded for a maximum of two years only (regardless of the length of the program in which the student is enrolled) and are renewed depending on academic and job performance.
- Students who decline a position automatically forfeit the Award.
- Only students enrolled full time are eligible for Fellowships/Assistantships. If a student ceases to be enrolled full time during a semester, the tuition remission will be removed from the account and the student will be responsible for any resulting balance owed.
- Students in the Accelerated Graduate Program (AGP) are not eligible for Fellowships/Assistantships.