Graduate Admission Requirements for International Students
Deadlines vary per program, however we advise you to complete your application at least 3 months prior to your program start date in order to have adequate time for immigration processing.
Application Requirements For International Graduate Students:
- Completed Graduate Student Application for Admission:
- Completed Graduate Supplemental Form [PDF]
- All official postsecondary academic records. Credential evaluation of non-U.S. records required.*
- Copy of passport
- Copy of immigration documents if living in the U.S.
- Official test scores - TOEFL or IELTS (Chatham code: 2081) with minimum test scores of 550 pBT, 79 iBT, 6.0 IELTS* [See English Language Requirements below]
- Supporting applicant supplied documents, such as
- Essay/personal statement
- Official bank statement, signed bank letter or financial guarantee verifies sufficient funds to cover the full cost of the first year of education at Chatham University. See cost of attendance here.
* Non- U.S. credentials must be evaluated by a foreign credential evaluator who is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. The admissions decision and transfer evaluation require official transcripts, translations and professional evaluation. The cost of the professional evaluation is the responsibility of the applicant. Click here for a list of approved international credential evaluation services.
English Language Requirements:
Any applicant who is a non-native English speaker must provide proof of English language proficiency:
- If you have graduated from a baccalaureate or master's program in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada (not including Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, Australia or an English-speaking Caribbean island country a test score is not required.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS results, directly from the testing agency.
Applicants with test results in the following ranges will be required to take the, English language placement exam once arriving on campus and may be required to take subsequent language coursework concurrent with their program coursework: TOEFL paper-based: 550-599 TOEFL internet-based: 79-99 IELTS: 6.0-6.5
Students who do not meet minimum English language proficiency requirements may apply to the English Language Program. See www.chatham.edu/elp
Please visit our Office of International Affairs for more information for International Students: http://www.chatham.edu/academics/international/.