Graduate Admission Process for International Students
Deadlines vary per program, however we advise you to complete your application at least 3 months prior to your program start date in order to have adequate time for immigration processing.
Application Requirements For International Graduate Students:
- Completed Graduate Student Application for Admission:
- Completed Graduate Supplemental Form [PDF]
- All official postsecondary academic records. Translation and professional evaluation required.*
- Copy of valid passport
- Copy of U.S. visa or copy of immigration documents if living in the U.S. (I-20, or DS-2019, visa and I-94 Card)
- Official copy of TOEFL or IELTS (Chatham code: 2081)* [See English Language Requirements below]
- Supporting applicant supplied documents, such as
- Essay/personal statement
* International credentials from an educational system other than the United States must be evaluated by a foreign credential evaluator who is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. The admissions decision and transfer evaluation require official transcripts, translations and professional evaluation. The cost of the professional evaluation is the responsibility of the applicant. Click here for a list of approved international credential evaluation services.
Applicants requiring immigration documents from Chatham University, must also submit:
- Official statements/proof of financial support that verify sufficient funds to cover the full cost of the first year of education at Chatham University
- International Finance Form
English Language Requirements:
Any applicant who is a non-native English speaker must provide proof of English Language Proficiency. This can be done in one of three ways:
- Have graduated from a baccalaureate or master’s program in the United States, and send a final official transcript verifying conferral of the degree.
- Submit official TOEFL results, directly from the testing agency.
- Submit official IELTS results, directly from the testing agency.
If an applicant’s test results fall into the following range, he/she can be offered admission to the academic program on the condition of English Language testing once arriving on campus and possible subsequent language coursework.
- TOEFL paper-based: 550-599
- TOEFL internet-based: 79-99
- IELTS: 6.0-6.5
*It is possible for a student to exceed the testing score range and still be offered admission with conditions.
If an applicant’s test results fall below these score ranges and is still interested in pursuing an education at Chatham University, please contact the English Language Program coordinator, Linh Phung, at email@example.com, for further information.
Visit the Chatham University International Affairs page for English Language Programs.
For Frequently Asked Immigration Questions, visit http://www.chatham.edu/admission/international/immigration.cfm.
Please visit our Office of International Affairs for more information for International Students: http://www.chatham.edu/academics/international/.