Undergraduate Tuition & Fees
Undergraduate programs are charged on a full-time or part-time basis. To be considered a full-time student for purposes of determining charges and full-time eligibility for financial aid, a student must be enrolled for 12 credits in the fall term, at least 12 credits for the combined Maymester-Spring terms and 12 credits in summer terms.
Tuition & Fees 2013-14
- Full time (12-21* credits): $15,647 per term
- Part time (1-11 credits): $759 per credit
* More than 21 credits is considered a financial overload and will be billed at an additional $759/credit. Course audits are billed at the same rate as regular tuition.
- Multiple Occupancy Room (Double, Triple or Quad): $2,577 - $2,586 per term
- Single Room: $2,293 - $2,838 per term
- Apartment (for Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors only): $2,142 per term
* Certain housing options are billed at a premium. Please refer to the Office of Residence Life for exact charges based on residence hall and room option selected.
Residence Hall Meal Plans
- Chatham Gold: 19 meals/week, $55 Flex Dollars: $2,475 per term
- Chatham Silver: 14 meals/week, $110 Flex Dollars: $2,475 per term
- Chatham Bronze: 10 meals/week, $220 Flex Dollars: $2,475 per term
- Chatham Steel: 200 meals, $200 Flex Dollars: $2,000 per term
Apartment & Commuter Meal Plans(Required for all students in Chatham and Chung Apartments)
- Cougar Platinum: 5 meals/week, $220 Flex Dollars: $1,075 per term
- Cougar Gold: 100 meals, $200 Flex Dollars: $1,075 per term
- Cougar Silver: 50 meals, $200 Flex Dollars: $675 per term
- Cougar Bronze: 25 meals, $200 Flex Dollars: $450 per term
Students can change their meal plan option through the end of the add/drop period. The last day of add/drop is stated in the University academic calendar. Any unused portion of a meal plan at the end of the term is forfeited. Any unused flex dollars are forfeited at the end of the academic year.
Additional Fees 2013-14 Academic Year
- College Fee: $215 per term
- Technology Fee: $365 per term
- Student Health Insurance**: $1,550/year billed at $775/term
* This is a list of the most common miscellaneous fees associated with enrollment at Chatham University. Some courses and activities may require additional fees not listed here.
**All full-time students are required to have health insurance coverage. Full-time students who do not provide proof of alternate coverage through the waiver process will be enrolled in the Chatham University Student Health Insurance Plan and billed automatically.
For further information regarding tuition and fees, placement and rotation charges, financial policies and procedures, the institutional refund policy, and other important information, please reference the current University catalog.
Late Registration Policy
Any current student who registers after the designated open registration period each semester will be assessed a $150 Late Registration Fee. This is a non-refundable fee added to the student’s term invoice.
Financial Clearance Policy
Any pre-registered student will be responsible to make payment arrangements and financially clear by the published tuition due date each semester. Students who do not financially clear by the published tuition due date will be assessed a $150 Late Financial Clearance Fee. This is a non-refundable fee added to the student’s balance.