Financial Aid, Registrar & Student Accounts
The following section will offer important information regarding Student Services. Please read the information carefully:
The Student Services Center is made up of three individual departments, which include Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Accounts. Conveniently located together on the first floor of Braun Hall, representatives from each department are available to serve you from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Extended business hours are also available during peak periods throughout the year. Our goal is to provide all students with outstanding customer service and we want to help you as much as possible throughout your time at Chatham. Whether it is applying for financial aid assistance, registering for classes or paying your bill, we are here for you.
All students who would like to be considered for financial aid, need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).I. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – 2013-2014
- FAFSA must be completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- A PIN Number is required to electronically sign the FAFSA
- PIN Numbers can be requested online at www.pin.ed.gov
- Chatham’s School Code: 003244
- The website to apply is www.studentloans.gov
- The lender for the Federal Direct Stafford loan is the United States Department of Education
- You will need to use your FAFSA PIN number to electronically sign the MPN
- The Stafford Loan MPN does not need to be completed each year
- 6.8% Fixed Interest Rate (based on 2012–2013 rate)
- Loans have a Loan Origination and Default Fee which is retained by the lender – this rate typically changes in July of each year. For 2013-2014 the fee will be 1.051%.
- Students must be enrolled at least half–time (6 credits) to be eligible for Federal loans
- The Stafford loan is deferred while you are enrolled at least half–time and offers a six month grace period
- A loan tutorial that provides important information to students and explains their rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower.
- The entrance counseling may be completed on–line at www.studentloans.gov
The Registrar’s Office is located on the first floor of Braun Hall, Room 101, and is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are open extended hours during peak periods throughout the academic year and are also available by appointment. The Registrar’s Office is responsible for overseeing all aspects of academic records. We process and maintain the following: academic transcripts, course scheduling, transfer credit evaluations, student demographic information updates, registration related activities, degree completion, classroom reservations, student enrollment verifications, course catalogue, and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act forms that allow the release of student record information. Our email address is email@example.com and our telephone number is 412–365–2963.
Notes about some of the functions of the Registrar’s Office:
- Course registration is done online via the student portal: http://myportal.chatham.edu. Students must first meet with their advisors prior to registering online.
- If you need to order a transcript, you can do so by logging on to myChatham and clicking on the Transcripts on Demand button.
- If you would like for us to be able to release non–directory information (such as account balance, financial aid, course registration information) to parents, guardians, spouses, other family, friends, etc. when they call offices on campus, please be sure to complete the release form located here http://my.chatham.edu/documents/documentcenter/GenFERPAForm2.pdf and return it to the Registrar’s Office
- If you need to reserve a classroom for things such as tutorial boards, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to change your address, please complete the form located here http://my.chatham.edu/documents/documentcenter/ChangeofInformationForm1.pdf and return it to the Registrar’s Office.
The Student Accounts Office manages the billing and collection of tuition, room, board, fees, and other university related charges. Upon acceptance to Chatham University a student account will be established for you. Your student account will be used to process the billing and payment of tuition and other fees related to your enrollment at Chatham. As a student it is important for you to understand the student account process as well as the importance of paying your account on time. To assist you in understanding this process, we are providing the following billing and payment information.
24 Hour Access
- Access http://my.chatham.edu/ homepage
- Select the Student Portal link highlighted in blue
- Enter username and password
- Select the My Student Account at the top of the page
You may pay your balance in one of four ways:
- Online through the CampusVue student portal with a credit card* or debit card*.
- Call the Student Accounts Office at 412-365-2719 and pay by phone with a credit card* or debit card*.
- Stop by the Office of Student Accounts on the first floor of Braun Hall and pay by cash, check, credit card* or debit card*.
- Mail a check payment to: Chatham University, Office of Student Accounts, Woodland Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15232.
*Please be aware that there is a 2% processing fee on the total payment amount for all credit card and debit card transactions. This is true for payments completed on the portal as well as in the office. Credit Cards accepted are MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
Tuition Payment Plan
The Chatham University Tuition Payment Plan is a semester-based, interest-free payment program that allows students to finance tuition and fees over four monthly installments. Information regarding the tuition payment plan is available at http://www.chatham.edu/admission/tuition/options.cfm.
Corporate Payment Options
In a continuing effort to assist student with paying for college, Chatham University is pleased to offer several corporate related payment options. These payment options are available for students utilizing their employer’s tuition assistance benefits.
All students must be financially cleared by the first payment due date of each semester in order to avoid a Late Financial Clearance Fee of $150.00. This can happen in one of three ways:
- Tuition is paid in full by the due date (August 15th for the Fall semester and December 15th for the Spring semester)
- Student is enrolled in the Tuition Installment Program and has made the first payment prior to the first payment due date for each semester.
- Student is enrolled in the Corporate Payment Options Program prior to the first payment due date for each semester.
Student refunds are issued 7–14 days after your student account develops a credit balance. Refunds will be processed electronically through Education Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI) and deposited directly into your bank account. Paper checks will no longer be issued through the Student Accounts Office.
Please go to www.ecsi.net/gateway/cu–erefund.html and sign up to receive electronic refunds.
- Enter your login ID.
- Your login ID is the first two letters of your last name and your Chatham student ID number.
- Click ‘Email my password’.
- An email will be sent to your Chatham email address with a temporary password.
- You will be prompted to change your password the first time you access the system.
- Questions regarding the eRefund process can be directed to ECSI by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 1–888–549–3274.
If you do not have a bank account, please consider opening one with a local bank to facilitate the eRefund process. You are not required to use a specific bank and may link to any U.S. bank checking or savings account. Certain local banks have incentives for students including Dollar Bank, which will deposit $25 for any student opening a new account. For more information on this specific offer, please visit http://dollarbank.com/chatham/. Please feel free to visit other banks for more information on their promotions.
If you need further assistance with this process please use these important phone numbers:
- Call ECSI at 1–888–549–3274 for help with entering your banking information.
- Call Dollar Bank at 1–800–828–5527 for help with opening a bank account.
- Call Chatham University Office of Student Accounts at 412–365–2719 concerning questions about your student account.
Student Health Insurance
Chatham University requires all full time students to carry health insurance. Students may provide proof of existing coverage or choose to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan by the end of the add/drop period of the semester. The University partners with UPMC Health Plan, providing students with in–network coverage at those medical facilities closest to the campus. Student Health insurance is offered that is not only affordable and easy to use but includes:
- Preventative care
- Coverage for all types of injuries, including sports and exercise injuries
- MyHealth, an online health promotion program
- eBenefits for online management
- Out–of–area coverage while traveling
Information about the health insurance requirement, the Student Health Insurance Plan, and the waiver process is mailed to all students upon registration. Any student who would like to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan may do so by accessing the "Student Health Insurance" link on myCHATHAM and completing the online enrollment process. Health insurance cards will be mailed to all enrolled students following the completion of this process. Students who complete enrollment prior to July 15 will have cards issued to them no later than August 1 (the effective date of coverage).
A pending charge for the health insurance premium will be placed on the student account upon registration at full time status. If the student has alternate coverage and completes the online waiver by the waiver an offsetting credit will be posted to the student account. Any full time student who does not complete the waiver process will automatically be enrolled in the Chatham Student Health Insurance Plan, and will be responsible for all premium amounts charged to their student account.