Office of Student Activities
Welcome to the Office of Student Activities! The Office of Student Activities at Chatham University is committed to student involvement on Chatham's campus and in the community. The office, which is located in the Carriage House, provides quality programming, leadership and community service opportunities to enrich students' out-of-classroom experience, coordinates the new, transfer and graduate student orientation, and advises Chatham's 60+ student organizations. The Office of Student Activities is also responsible for many favorite traditional events including Thanksgiving Dinner, Battle of the Classes, Spring Formal, Halloween Dinner and Holiday Ball.
The Office of Student Activities is committed to collaborating with other offices and student organizations to create an engaged campus community. Please explore this website to learn more about student organizations, campus events, and traditions. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Office of Student Activities partners with several campus departments and student organizations to create a vibrant campus life with fun social and educational events for students. Each semester students can pick up a Student Activities Calendar that includes all the events for the semester. Students should regularly visit myChatham for updates!
The following are series events that happen each semester. These student favorites are a great way to get involved and meet new people:
- Community Service and Volunteer Opportunities. Events vary to meet everyone’s needs and give you a chance to volunteer in a variety of capacities.
- Chatham After Hours is a late night and weekend programming on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights that keeps your weekends filled with fun events, which include date nights in Pittsburgh, pre-release movies, themed dances, sporting events and much more.
- Student Organization Nights which provide student organizations an opportunity to bring their ideas of programs into fruition.
- Shopping Center Shuttle is a weekly shopping shuttle that gives students a chance to get off campus and buy food and other supplies on Thursday and Friday Nights.
- Explore Pittsburgh Shuttles are a once a month opportunity for students to explore various areas of the city including venues such as Kennywood, Pittsburgh Zoo and others.