Housing & Residence Life
The Office of Residence Life supports the mission of the University through a student centered dedication to women’s undergraduate and co-ed graduate education. We believe in:
- Encouraging growth; pursuing a culture of learning, education, and development balanced with excellent customer service.
- Building relationships; providing opportunities to foster connections and engage in authentic dialogue.
- Encouraging accountability; involving students in the development and maintenance of individual and community standards that reflect a duty to consider the impact of one’s actions, beliefs, and attitudes.
- Pursuing justice; affording students just participation in a consistent process, resulting in outcomes unique to the individual’s needs.
- Inspiring civic engagement; encouraging self-reflection on one’s identities, how they operate in and with the world, and how one can take an active role in transformation.
Chatham University houses approximately 500 undergraduates and 35 graduate students in a mixture of traditional residence halls and apartments. Our traditional halls are rich in tradition and beauty, and our apartments offer a good balance of independent living and residence life amenities and services.
Upper class women overwhelmingly agree that one of the best parts of living on campus as a First Year student is having a roommate. All incoming residential students complete a Roommate Survey once they are accepted to the University. The Office of Residence Life matches roommates according to their study & sleep habits and co-curricular interests.
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors may choose their own roommates each year at room selection. If you are an upperclass woman returning to Chatham after a time away, or decide mid-year that you’d like to live on campus, please contact the Office of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-365-1518.