SafeRider provides safe transportation during the evening and early morning hours when special, non-emergency needs arise for Chatham students, faculty, and staff. Call 412-648-CALL (2255) for your safe ride.
Call SafeRider for after dark travel:
- Within the SafeRider travel boundaries
- Between campus buildings, from local residences to campus buildings, and from campus to local residences
- When you’re not along an established bus or shuttle route, or
- Downtown at the Greyhound bus station, on Sundays, and on days when the University of Pittsburgh shuttle system operates on a holiday schedule
Each rider is permitted one round trip per night, and a maximum of 20 trips per semester.
Sunday–Wednesday 7 p.m.–3 a.m.
Thursday–Saturday 7 p.m.–5 a.m.
Sunday–Saturday 9 p.m.–3 a.m.
On days when the University shuttle system operates on a holiday schedule, SafeRider's hours are 7 p.m. - 3 a.m. No service is provided during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, and Winter Recess.
Requesting a Ride
When you call SafeRider (412-648-2255), the dispatcher will ask for your:
- Chatham ID number
- Pick-up location
- Number of guests (maximum two non-University persons)
- Telephone number at the pick-up location
For more information on usage and policies visit the University of Pittsburgh SafeRider site.