Nursing Faculty and Staff
Julie Slade, DNP, RN
RN-BSN Program Coordinator, Assistant Professor
Hometown : Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Chatham : 2010
Academic Areas of Interest
Dr. Slade's professional areas of interest include end-of-life nursing and nursing education. Dr. Slade is the Membership Chairperson and Nominating Chair for the Southwestern PA Chapter of Hospice and Palliative Care Nurses Association (HPNA).
Dr. Slade graduated from Chatham University's MSN program in 2008 and the DNP program in 2009 with her capstone project focus being End-of-Life Education for In-Hospital Nurses. Dr. Slade is currently the RN-BSN program coordinator and assistant professor of nursing. Dr. Slade's professional areas of interest are end-of-life nursing and nursing education.
- DNP, Chatham University (Pittsburgh, PA), 2009
- MSN, Chatham University (Pittsburgh, PA), 2008
- Hopkins, E.E., Wolf, D.M., Slade, J.D., Spadaro, K.C., Hunker, D.F., Doas, M.D. (2015) Creating a virtual nursing honor society: Key technology design considerations. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 5(2), 131-135.
- Spadaro, K. C., Stevens, E. E., Doas, M., Wolf. D., Slade, J. & Hunker, D. F. (2014). A virtual nursing honor society: Recognition for online academic excellence. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 4(3), 197-203.
- Slade, J. D., Wolf, D. M., Spadaro, K. C., & Gazza, E. A. (2013). Using social media to meet the needs of DNP preceptors within an online program. Online Journal of Nursing Informatics, 17(2).
- ELNEC Certified
- Chi Zeta chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International
- Membership Chairperson - Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA)
- Slade, J. (2015, June). Understanding the culture of “The Curse”: Providing holistic care. Poster presented at the second annual Cultural Inclusion Institute Conference: Valuing the Culture of Women, Lake Buena Vista, FL.