Low Residency MFA in Creative Writing Faculty and Staff
Hometown : Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Joined Chatham : 2005
Academic Areas of Interest
Poetry, fiction, working-class literature, Russian and East European studies, and the printing and publishing industries.
- B.A., University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA), 1977
- M.F.A., University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA), 1981
- Warhol-o-rama (2008) Oresick, Peter.
- For a Living: The Poetry of Work (1995) Oresick, Peter; Coles, Nicholas.
- The Pittsburgh Book of Contemporary American Poetry (1993) Oresick, Peter; Ochester, Ed.
- Working Classics: Poems on Industrial Life (1990) Oresick, Peter; Coles, Nicholas.
- Definitions: Poems (1990) Oresick, Peter.
- Other Lives: Poems (1985) Oresick, Peter.
- An American Peace: A Long Poem (1985) Oresick, Peter.
- The Story of Glass: Poems (1977) Oresick, Peter.
- Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate: English (Grades 7-12)
- Heinz Endowments Fellowship (2005)
- Pennsylvania Council on the Arts Fellowship in Poetry (1984)
- Association for the Study of Literature and Environment
- Association of Writers & Writing Programs
- Carpatho-Rusyn Society
- Pittsburgh Bibliophiles
- Working Class Studies Association
- Oresick, P. "The Andy Warhol Poems." Ligonier Valley Writers Conference (Ligonier, PA) July 2006.
- Ryan, G. and Oresick, P. "PIA/GATF Consolidation." DRUPA 2000 International Trade Fair for Printing & Media (Düsseldorf, Germany) May 2000.
- Oresick, P. “On-Demand Printing Technology in the American Publishing Industry.” PIRA International Conference on On-Demand Printing. (London, England), November 1999.
- Oresick, P. and Roper, R. "PIA/GATF Consolidation with the Union of Mexican Lithographers." Confederacion Latinoamericana de la Industria Grafica (Mexico City, Mexico) May 1999.
- Oresick, P. and Baensch, R. “Seminar on Publishing in Latvia.” United States Information Agency (Riga, Latvia) October 1995.
- Oresick, P. and Baensch, R. “Seminar on Publishing in Kazakhstan and Ukraine.” United States Agency for International Development (Almaty, Kazakhstan) May 1995.
- Oresick, P. and Baensch, R. “Seminar on Publishing in China.” United States Information Agency & Beijing Normal University Press (Beijing, China) June 1994.
- Oresick, P. and Phillabaum, L. “The Future of Poetry Publishing at University Presses.” Academy of American Poets and the Associated Writing Programs (Pittsburgh, PA) March 1995.
- Oresick, P. and Velázquez, A. “Scholarly Publishing in the Americas: Books Across Borders.” Annual Meeting of the American Association of University Presses (Chicago, IL) June 1992.