Nursing Faculty and Staff
Jennifer J. Wasco, DNP, RN
Clinical Coordinator, MSN & DNP Programs; Adjunct Faculty
Hometown : Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Chatham : 2013
Academic Areas of Interest
Process Improvement, Project Management, Patient Experience, Patient Empowerment, Patient Satisfaction, Employee Satisfaction, Clinical Coordination, Educational Affiliation Agreements, Preceptor Engagement, Service Excellence, Innovative Healthcare Technology, CE Program Development, Conference Planning, Deployment of Healthcare Solutions, Health Literacy
Jennifer J. Wasco is the clinical coordinator for the MSN and DNP programs at Chatham University. She is a doctorally-prepared registered nurse with over 23 years of experience. Dr. Wasco has practiced in various healthcare arenas including hematology/oncology, bone marrow transplant, medical device and IT sales, continuing nursing education, strategic planning and patient engagement. She is prepared in the areas of health literacy and communication, project management, and in the deployment of new healthcare technologies. Her experience and expertise result in improved service and quality, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes.
- DNP, Nursing, Chatham University, 2015
- MSN, Nursing, Waynesburg University, 2011
- BSN, Nursing, Clarion University, 2004
- Diploma, Nursing, The Western Pennsylvania Hospital School of Nursing, 1993
- Wasco, J. (2015). A Nurse Consultant’s Prescription for Increasing Patient Satisfaction. Nurse Leader, 13(2), 69-73. doi:10.1016/j.mnl.2014.07.012
- Wasco, J. (2014). The Benefit of Belonging...Journal of the Association of Occupational Health Professionals in Healthcare, 34 (3), 27.
- Wasco, J. (2014). Nurse Engagement in Professional Organizations Leads to...Western Pennsylvania Healthcare News, 4, 1.
- Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing, Registered Nurse
- Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), Member
- Chi Zeta Chapter, Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI), Board Member & Webmaster
- Greater Pittsburgh Nursing Research Conference (GPNRC), Planning Committee Member & Webmaster
- UPMC Academic Partnership Council, Chatham University, Representative
- Chatham University School of Health Sciences Climate Change Focus Group, Member