Nursing Faculty and Staff
Huixin Wu, DNP, MBA, RN, CCRN, CCNS
Hometown : Nanjing, China
Joined Chatham : 2014
Academic Areas of Interest
Critical Care, Nursing Education, Informatics, International Nursing Education
Personal Areas of Interest
Traveling, reading, swimming, singing, dancing, spending time with family
Huixin Wu, DNP, RN, CCRN, CCNS, is an Assistant Professor of Nursing at Chatham University, Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Wu has 20 years of nursing experience both in United States and China. Her areas of expertise focus on critical care nursing and informatics. Dr. Wu has practiced in the OR and various ICUs, such as transplant ICU, Surgical ICU, Trauma ICU, and Neuroscience ICU. Her professional areas of interests include critical care nursing, patient/family satisfaction, healthcare technology, and international nursing education.
- MBA, Chatham University (Pittsburgh, PA), 2017
- DNP (Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist) & Post-MSN Nursing Informatics Certificate, University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA), 2014
- MSN (Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist), University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA), 2011
- BSN, Peking University (Beijing, China), 2009
- Wu, H. & LaRue, M, E. (2017). Linking the health data system in the U.S.: Challenges to the benefits. International Journal of Nursing Sciences, 4(4), 410-417. doi: 10.1016/j.ijnss.2017.09.006.
- Spadaro, K., Wolf, D., Wu, H., & Hunker, D. (2017). Preparing for an International Student Cohort: Making a Global Impact on Nursing. Nurse Education Today, 57, 88-94. doi: 10.1016/j.nedt.2017.06.014
- Xia, L., Wu, H., Cheng, Y. (2017). Interprofessional Collaboration Strategies: A Hematology Unit Case Study. Journal of Nurse Education and Practice, 7(4), 51. doi: https://doi.org/10.5430/jnep.v7n4p51
- Wu, H., Ren, D., Zinsmeister, G., Zewe, G, & Tuite, P. (2016). Implementation of an Early Nurse-led Family Meeting in a Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit. Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing, 35(5), 268-276. doi: 10.1097/DCC.0000000000000199.
- Wu, H. (2013). Is a bar code medication system right for your ICU? Nursing 2013 Critical Care, 8(6), 27-31. doi: 10.1097/01.CCN.0000436377.36758.d4.
- Qian, C. & Wu, H. (2008). Intraoperative cooperation in the surgery of single lung circulation blocking to treat locally advanced lung cancer. Chinese Journal of Nursing, 6, 558-559.
- CCNS adult certificate
- CCRN adult certificate
- Post-MSN Nursing Informatics Certificate
- BCLS, ACLS, PALS
- CGFNS certificate
- Awarded TF Federal Work Study Scholarship, University of Pittsburgh, School of Nursing, 2013-2014.
- Won Exemplary Student Star Prize in 2009 from Peking University, China.
- Won third prize in nursing care skills contest in Jiangsu Health Bureau in 2008.
- Selected as one of 60 experts nationwide aiding third-world African countries by China National Health Department in 2007.
- Granted Excellent Youth Leader of Jiangsu Health Bureau in 2006.
- Won first prize in English public speech contest of Jiangsu Health Bureau in 2003.
- Won first prize in English public speech contest of Jiangsu Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital in 2002.
- Won third prize in nursing care skills contest of Jiangsu Health Bureau in 2001.
- Won Excellent Youth Prize of Jiangsu Health Bureau in 1998.
- Won Excellent Youth Prize of Jiangsu Institute of Cancer Research & Hospital in 1997.
- 2017— present, Member of American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- 2016— present, Member of National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialist (NACNS)
- 2016— present, Member of Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) Chi Zeta Chapter
- 2014 – present, Member of Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) Eta Chapter
- 2011 – present, Member of American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
- 1996 – present, Member of Nursing Association of China (NAC)
- 2016-present, Counselor, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) Chi Zeta Chapter
- 2013 – 2014, Teaching Fellow, University of Pittsburgh
- 2012, Adjunct Nursing Faculty, Community College of Allegheny County
- 2012, Adjunct Nursing Faculty, University of Pittsburgh
- Wolf, D., Wu, H., Hunker, D. F., & Spadaro, K. C. “Exploring Chinese nurses’ learning needs and cultural beliefs when studying in the United States”. 7th International Nurse Education Conference (Banff, Canada), May 2018
- Wu, H., & Walter, L. “Exploration of Signature Pedagogies for International Chinese Master of Science in Nursing Education Students”. The Ireland International Conference on Education (Dublin, Ireland), April 2017
- Wei, Z., Wu, H., Yan, S., Qian, Y., & Zhuang, Q. Interprofessional care in pulmonary arterial hypertension patient: a case analysis. The 10th Oriental Congress of Cardiology (Shanghai, China), May 2016
- Wu, H., LaRue, E., & Borruso, C. Ten Roles of Informatics Nurse Specialists (INSs) in Implementing Electronic Health Record (EHR) Systems. The 11st International Symposium on Healthcare Information Management (Tainan, Taiwan), April 2016
- Wu, H., Tuite, P., Ren, D., Zinsmeister, G., & Zewe, G. “Implementation of an Early Nurse-led Family Meeting in a Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit (NSICU)”. The 2015 National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists Annual Conference (Coronado, CA), March 2015
- Wu, H. & LaRue, E. “Barriers and Facilitators of Health Information Exchange (HIE) Adoption in the United States”. The 48 Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (Kauai, HI), January 2015