Nursing Faculty and Staff
Diane Hunker Ph. D., MBA, RN
Director of Nursing Programs, DNP Program Coordinator & Assistant Professor
Hometown : Franklin Park, PA
Joined Chatham : 2007
Academic Areas of Interest
Graduate Nursing Education, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research in Womens Health
Dr. Hunker serves as the Director of Nursing Programs,DNP Program Coordinator and is a full-time faculty member in the RN-BSN, MSN and DNP Nursing Programs.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) 1989
- Masters in Business Administration, University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA) 1994
- Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA), 2007
- Pessagno, R., Hunker, D.F. The use of short-term group psychotherapy as an evidenced-based psychiatric nursing intervention for first-time mothers at risk for postpartum depression. Perspectives in Psychiatric Care. July 2012
- Gazza, E., Shellenbarger, T., Hunker, D.F. ,Developing Scholarly Writers: The Experiences of Students Enrolled in a PhD Nursing Program. , Nurse Education Today, June 2012..
- Gazza, E., Hunker, D.F. Facilitating Scholarly Writer Development: The Writing Scaffold. Nursing Forum. 2011
- Hunker, D.F., Patrick, T.E., Albrecht, S.A., Wisner, K.L. Is difficult childbirth related to postpartum maternal outcomes in the early postpartum period? Archives of Women’s Mental Health. July 2009
- Wisner, K.L., Sit, D., Hanusa, B.H., Moses-Kolko, E.L., Bogen, D.L., Hunker, D.F., Perel, J.M., Jones-Ivey, S., Bodnar,L., Singer, L. Major Depression and Antidepressant Treatment: Impact on Pregnancy and Neonatal Outcomes. April 2009
- 2007 - present Pennsylvania State Nurses Association
- 2007-present National League for Nursing
- 1988-present Sigma Theta Tau International, Eta Chapter
- Gazza, E.A, Shellenbarger, T., Hunker, D.F. Becoming a Scholarly Writer: The Experience of First Semester PhD Students. NETNEP 4th International Nurse Education Conference (Baltimore, MD), June 2012, Oral Presentation.
- Spadaro, K. and Hunker, D.F. Developing an Online Mindfulness Intervention for Distance Learners. AACN Doctoral Conference (Naples, FL), January 2012. Poster Presentation.
- Gazza, E.A., Hunker, D.F. Recognizing Doctoral Level Writing Deficiencies: Strategies for Success (January 2010). AACN Doctoral Conference, Captiva Island, FL
- Doas, M.D, and Hunker, D.F. "Who are our DNP students?". NLN Education Summit, Philadelphia, PA September, 2009
- Doas, M.D, and Hunker, D.F. "Who are our DNP students?". AACN Doctoral Conference (San Diego, CA), January 2009
- Hunker, D. (April 2008). Effects of Adverse Birth Events on Maternal Mood, Functional Status, and Infant Care. National teleconference for MedED.PPD.org.
- Hunker, D. (November 2007) Effects of Birth Events on Maternal Mood and Functional Status. Abstract for poster presentation, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, 39th Biennial Convention, Baltimore, MD