Master of Science in Nursing Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program the student will:
- Integrate scientific findings from nursing and other fields for continual improvement of nursing care.
- Synthesize organizational and systems leadership principles to promote high quality and safe patient care.
- Implement quality improvement principles to promote high quality and safe patient care.
- Critique evidence with an understanding of quantitative and qualitative research to guide decision-making.
- Analyze current and emerging trends & technologies to support quality health care.
- Construct effective communication strategies for working effectively in teams and collaboratively with other health care providers.
- Analyze and synthesize innovative approaches to complex issues in health care delivery at the local, state and national level based on understanding of health policy and principles of advocacy.
- Design evidence-based and culturally relevant clinical prevention interventions.
- Conduct a comprehensive and systematic physical assessment as a basis for decision-making.
- Advance nursing practice through education, informatics, or leadership utilizing didactic and experiential learning.