RN to Master of Science in Nursing (RN-MSN) Faculty and Staff
Julie Slade, DNP, RN
RN-BSN Program Coordinator, Assistant Professor
Hometown : Bethel Park, PA
Joined Chatham : 2010
Academic Areas of Interest
Dr. Slade's professional areas of interest include end-of-life/hospice nursing and nursing education. Dr. Slade is the Membership Chairperson and Nominating Chair for the Southwestern PA Chapter of Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA).
Dr. Slade graduated from Chatham University's MSN program in 2008 and the DNP program in 2009 with her capstone project focus being End-of-Life Education for In-Hospital Nurses. Dr. Slade is currently the RN-BSN program coordinator and assistant professor of nursing. Dr. Slade's professional areas of interest are end-of-life/hospice nursing and nursing education.
- DNP, Chatham University (Pittsburgh, PA), 2009
- MSN, Chatham University (Pittsburgh, PA), 2008
- Slade, J., Robb, M., Sherrod, B., Hunker, D. (2017). Online adjunct faculty support: An innovative use of a learning management system. Nurse Educator, 42(3), 143-146.
- Hopkins, E.E., Robb, M., Fisher, M., Slade, J.D., Wasco, J.J., Spadaro, K.C., Doas, M. (2016). Honor society membership retention strategies: Promoting membership benefits from induction through transition to professional practice. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 16(12), 18-23.
- Hopkins, E.E., Wolf, D.M., Slade, J.D., Spadaro, K.C., Hunker, D.F., Doas, M.D. (2015) Creating a virtual nursing honor society: Key technology design considerations. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 5(2), 131-135.
- Spadaro, K. C., Stevens, E. E., Doas, M., Wolf. D., Slade, J. & Hunker, D. F. (2014). A virtual nursing honor society: Recognition for online academic excellence. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 4(3), 197-203.
- Slade, J. D., Wolf, D. M., Spadaro, K. C., & Gazza, E. A. (2013). Using social media to meet the needs of DNP preceptors within an online program. Online Journal of Nursing Informatics, 17(2).
- ELNEC Certified
- 2017 Cameos of Caring Award
- Chi Zeta chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International
- Membership Chairperson - Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA)
- Slade, J. (2016, December). Comparing Hospice to Palliative Care: Knowing the Difference is Important in Patient Care! Oral Presentation at the Madridge Conference Nursing 2016 International Conference on Nursing, Dubai, UAE.
- Slade, J. (2016, December). Live Practice Experiences in Online Nursing Education. Oral Presentation at the Madridge Conference Nursing 2016 International Conference on Nursing, Dubai, UAE.
- Slade, J. (2016, April). Identifying the Differences (and Similarities) between Hospice and Palliative Care. Oral Presentation at the League of Intravenous Therapy Education Vascular Access Network (LITEVAN) 2016 Annual Education Conference, Farmington, PA.
- Slade, J. (2016, March). Culture, Menstruation, and Women’s Health. Oral Presentation at the Association for Women in Psychology 2016 Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Slade, J. (2015, June). Understanding the culture of “The Curse”: Providing holistic care. Poster presented at the second annual Cultural Inclusion Institute Conference: Valuing the Culture of Women, Lake Buena Vista, FL.