Criminology Faculty and Staff
Joined Chatham : 2013
Academic Areas of Interest
Social construction and causation of "evil" behavior, social construction and control of deviance, intergroup threat assessment and resolution, criminology, general sociology, medical sociology, social psychology
- PhD, Sociology, University of Pittsburgh, 2015
- M.A., Sociology, University of Pittsburgh, 2007
- B.A., Psychology, Chatham College, 2003
- Bell M, Bayliss N. The Tough Guise: Teaching violent masculinity as the only way to be a man [Media Review]. Sex Roles, 2015; 72(11-12): 566-568.
- Zickmund SL, Burkitt KH, Gao S, Stone RA, Switzer GE, Shea JA, Bayliss NK, Meiksin R, Walsh MB, Fine MJ. Racial differences in satisfaction with VA health care: a mixed methods pilot study. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities, 2015: 1-13. DOI: 10.1007/s40615-014-0075-6.
- Rodriguez KL, Burkitt KH, Bayliss NK, Skoko JE, Switzer GE, Zickmund SL, Fine MJ, Macpherson DS. Veteran, primary care provider, and specialist satisfaction with electronic-consultation. Journal of Medical Internet Research (JMIR) Medical Informatics, 2015; 3(1):e5. DOI:10.2196/medinform.3725.
- Broyles LM, Rodriguez KL, Price PA, Bayliss NK, Sevick MA. Overcoming barriers in the recruitment of nurses for participation in healthcare research. Qualitative Health Research, 2011;21(12): 1705-1718.
- Rodriguez KL, Bayliss N, Alexander SC, Jeffreys AS, Olsen MK, Pollak KI, Garrigues SK, Tulsky JA, Arnold RM. Effect of patient and patient-oncologist relationship characteristics on communication about health-related quality of life. Psychooncology, 2011;20(9):935-942.
- Rodriguez KL, Bayliss N, Jaffe E, Zickmund S, Sevick MA. Factor analysis and internal consistency of the FAMCARE scale for use in the long-term care setting. Palliat Support Care, 2010; 8(2):169-176.
- Rodriguez KL, Bayliss N, Alexander SC, Jeffreys AS, Olsen MK, Pollak KI, Kennifer SL, Tulsky JA, Arnold RM. How oncologists and their patients with advanced cancer communicate about health-related quality of life. Psychooncology, 2010; 19(5):490-499.