Criminology Faculty and Staff
Director, Chatham Online
Joined Chatham : 2015
Academic Areas of Interest
Crisis and Trauma Intervention, Forensic Psychology, Clinical Psychology, and Online/Hybrid Education
Personal Areas of Interest
Dr. Kassel is a devout animal lover, particular dogs, and enjoys spending time with his family.
Dr. Mark E. Kassel is a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist with an extensive professional record of working severe and chronic mental illness, behavior disorders, substance abuse/addiction and sexual offenders. Dr. Kassel has worked internationally aiding in crisis and trauma intervention in Rwanda, Africa and Batticola, Sri Lanka.
- Global HOPE Initiative - Crisis and Trauma Intervention Curriculum for Childcare Workers in Central and Southern Africa, (2011) Kassel, M. & Masson, T.
- An examination of recidivism for an outpatient sexual offender treatment program. (2005) Kassel, M.
- Enhancing Social Interest in Sexual Offenders. (2001) Carich, M., Kassel, M. & Stone, M.
- Fellow, Wisconsin Sexual Offender Training Nework (1995)
- Certified, Relapse Prevention Training, Gorski (1994)
- Certified, Peer Reviewer, Quality Matters, (2013, 2015)
- Psi Chi National Honor Society, (2005)
- Online Instructor Training Program (2015)
- Managing the Online Classroom (2015)
- The Art of Online Discussion (2015)
- ADA Compliance for Online Courses (2014)
- Defining Instructional Time for Online and Hybrid Courses (2014)
- Online Course Development for Instructors (2015)
- Rubrics: Pedagogy and Technology for Online Implementation (2015)
- Global HOPE Initiative Inaugural Offering of this Train-the-Trainer Curriculum Kigali/Rulindo, Rwanda, Africa (December 2011) 21 Day Intensive Course
- Global HOPE Pilot Kigali, Rwanda, Africa (December 2010) 9 Day Pilot Course
- Casemanagement for Developmentally Disable Sexual Offender ICAN Sponsored Training Program Springfield, Illinois (November 2009) 6-Hour Program
- Introduction to Crisis Counseling, Batticaloa, Sri Lanka (January 2009) 9 Day Intensive Course