Year of the Americas: Brazil
The Global Focus program at Chatham University engages our students in the purposeful study of peoples and civilizations. Our community of scholars promotes the acquisition of sustainable global competencies through the critical and holistic exploration of one specific country or region of the globe every year.
The program concurrently reinforces cross-cultural ties and internationalization initiatives in the greater Pittsburgh area and beyond.
GEN ED, SPECIAL TOPICS, & CO-CURRICULAR
- IND 115: Global Focus Seminar (Sene)
- First-Year Seminars
- CMR 210: Conflict and Culture (DiMola)
- POL 265: Contemporary Brazil (Heloisa Pait, SIR)
- POR 101-102: Portuguese (Abreu)
- COR 304 (four sections)
- Integrated 405
- Define Collectively: A Common Reading Program of Non-Verbal Text (Siyolwe)
- “Bridges to Other Worlds” (St. Germain)
- Special Topics 683: Brazilian Literature (Goldman)
- Field seminar to Brazil (St. Germain)
This year’s focus... The Year of The Americas: Brazil (2008-2009)
Next year’s focus... The Year of Africa: The Economic Community of West African States ECOWAS- (2009-2010) www.ecowas.int
ECOWAS is a framework for the planned federation of all 15 West African states. This regional body seeks to integrate the member nations politically, culturally, and economically.