Master of Landscape Architecture Faculty and Staff
Richard P. Rauso, RLA, ASLA
Hometown : Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Chatham : 2005
Academic Areas of Interest
Sustainable Design, Landscape Architecture Professional Practice, Construction Drawings, Specifications, Materials and Detailing.
Personal Areas of Interest
Watercolor Painting, Water Gardening, Vegetable Gardening, Basketball, Bicycling, Tennis, Golf, Assistant Scoutmaster BSA, Coaching
Richard is principal of the firm Richard P. Rauso, Landscape Architects. His experience involves a wide variety of commercial, institutional, residential and recreational development projects from feasibility studies through construction. Richard graduated from The Pennsylvania State University with a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture degree in 1980 and is a Registered Landscape Architect in the State of Pennsylvania. Prior to beginning his own firm in 1993, Richard was a Landscape Architect/Project Manager for Fahringer, McCarty Grey Inc., Monroeville, PA, Environmental Planning & Design, Pittsburgh, PA, and Psomas & Associates, Santa Monica CA. Richard also serves as Past-President of the Pennsylvania/Delaware Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects and is an adjunct instructor in the Masters of Landscape Architecture program at Chatham University.
- BLA, The Pennsylvania State University, 1980
- PA Registered Landscape Architect, No: LA000738E
- Pennsylvania Landscape and Nursery Association Award for Exellence in Landscaping, 1995
- AIA Pittsburgh Certificate of Merit in Landscape Architecture, 2001
- Member, American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), Member, Pittsburgh Watercolor Society
- President, ASLA PA/DE Chapter 2008 to 2011