Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) Faculty and Staff
Kelly Donkers MPA, PA-C
Assistant Professor, Academic Coordinator
Hometown : Mt. Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Joined Chatham : 2008
Academic Areas of Interest
Lumbar and Cervical Spinal Fusion Ovarian Cancer Medical Simulation Training Physical Examination Clinical Documentation and Professionalism
Personal Areas of Interest
Cooking, Travel, Ballet
Kelly is a 1997 graduate of the Duquesne University PA Program. Her clinical experience includes orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and general surgery. She has served on the Maryland Academy of Physician Assistants Board of Directors as Vice President, and as a delegate to the AAPA HOD. Kelly is the faculty liaison to the Pennsylvania Society for Physician Assistants and serves as a Delegate for PSPA. She is the coordinator of Medical Simulation activities for the program.
- MPA, Duquesne University, 1997
- BS, Health Sciences, Duquesne University, 1996
- Donkers K, Garrubba C, Daniel L, Ennulat, C. Perceptions of Physician Assistant Students' Readiness with System-Based vs. Problem-Based Physical Diagnosis Curriculum. The Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice. July 2015. Volume 13 Number 3.
- Donkers K, Bednarek M, Downey P, Ennulat C. Implementation of Simulation-Based Learning in a Physician Assistant Curriculum. Journal of Allied Health, Spring 2015, Vol 44, No 1.
- Garrubba, C, and Donkers, K. “An updated approach to treating and preventing herpes zoster”. JAAPA, Volume 26, No 12, December 2013, pgs 56-59.
- Holistics Admissions Process: An Initiative to Support Diversity in Medical Education. JPAE, Oct 2012, Volume 23, Number 3. Felix, H, Laird, J, Ennulat, C,Donkers, K, Garrubba, C, Hawkins, S, Hertweck, M
- Ovarian Cancer: Breaking the Silence. JAAPA, Sept 2011. Donkers, K, Felix, H
- Pennsylvania Board of Medicine Licensed
- NCCPA Certified
- PA Studies Program Facilitator of the Year 2010
- Chatham PA Program Class of 2014 Faculty Award
- Physician Assistant Education Association Member
- PSPA Delegate to AAPA House of Delegates, 2010-current
- PSPA Alternate Delegate to AAPA House of Delegates, 2008-2009
- Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants (PSPA), Member
- Maryland Academy of Physician Assistants, Delegate to AAPA HOD, 2005, 2008
- American Academy of Physician Assistants, Member since 2005
- Maryland Academy of Physician Assistants, Vice President, Jan 2005-June 2008
- Chatham PA Program Class of 2010 Facilitator of the Year
- Donkers, K and Ennulat, C. “One Program’s Experience with Enhancing Cultural Diversity Training in the Curriculum”. National Conference for the Physician Assistant Education Association. New Orleans, LA, November 2011.
- Donkers, K and Felix, H. "Where are we with Ovarian Cancer Awareness". Poster Presentation of original research. American Academy of Physician Assistants IMPACT Annual Conference. (Atlanta, GA) May 2010
- Donkers,K and Felix, H. "Ovarian Cancer: Dare to be Aware". American Academy of Physician Assistants IMPACT Annual Conference (Las Vegas, NV) June 2011.