Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) Faculty and Staff
John Laird, N.D.
Associate Professor, Admissions Coordinator
Hometown : Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Chatham : 1996
Academic Areas of Interest
Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Nutrition, Human Anatomy
Personal Areas of Interest
- N.D., John Bastyr College of Naturopathic Medicine (Seattle, WA), 1984
- The Effect of Novice vs. Experienced Problem-Based Learning Facilitators on Student Outcomes. Journal of Physician Assistant Education. 2007;18(4):63-68. Hawkins S, Hertweck M, Laird J, Sekhon L, Kortyna D.
- Wellness in a Physician Assistant Curriculum: An Experiential Model. Journal of Physician Assistant Education. 2006;17(4):5-11. Laird J, Hawkins S, Hertweck M, Biearman B.
- Laird J. "Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Clinical Pearls". Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual Conference (Harrisburg, PA), October 2006
- Laird J. "Dietary Supplements: Adjunctive Cancer Treatment". Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual Conference (Philadelphia, PA), October 2005.
- Laird J. "Update on Drug-Dietary Supplement Interactions". Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants Annual Conference (Pittsburgh, PA), October 2003
- Kortyna D, Laird J, Borsch D. "Conventional and Complementary Approaches to the Treatment of Migraine Headaches". American Association of Physician Assistants 29th Annual Conference, May 2001.