Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS) Faculty and Staff
Nicole Brown MS, PA-C
Assistant Professor, Skills Coordinator
Hometown : Robbinsville, NJ
Academic Areas of Interest
Emergency Medicine, Women's Health, OB/GYN emergencies, Medical Simulation Training
Personal Areas of Interest
Spending time with my family, reading, traveling.
Nicole completed her undergraduate work at Allegheny College where she earned her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Neuroscience and she is a 2011 graduate of the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) PA program. After graduation, she worked clinically as a hospitalist PA prior to moving to Pittsburgh in the summer of 2012. Since 2012, Nicole has worked in emergency medicine and continues to work clinically in this setting at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC. Nicole accepted an assistant professor position at Chatham University in August 2015 and served as a full-time PBL facilitator until January 2017 when she took on her current roles as the program’s Skills Coordinator. Nicole is passionate about teaching students the hands-on skills needed to succeed as practicing Physician Assistants. Nicole’s research agenda focuses on emergency medicine, OB/GYN emergencies, and medical simulation training as part of PA education.
- MS in Physician Assistant Studies, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia, PA), 2011
- BS, Allegheny College (Meadville, PA), 2008
- Hawkins S, Goreczny A, Brown NE. Effect of Experience Facilitating Problem-Based Learning (PBL) on Physician Assistant Student Outcomes. The Internet Journal of Allied Health Sciences and Practice. 2018 Jul 02;16(3), Article 5.
- Brown NE, Singer S, Suyama J. Delayed detection of spontaneous bilateral tubal ectopic pregnancies after methotrexate treatment. The Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2017; 53(4) 563-567.
- National Commission on Certifcation of Physician Asssistants (NCCPA)
- Member- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Member- Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants (PSPA)
- Member- Physician Assistant Education Association