Music Faculty and Staff
Director of Choral Activities; Vocal Instructor
Hometown : Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Chatham : 2008
Academic Areas of Interest
Music Education, Vocal Pedagogy, Diction, Choral Conducting, Sight-singing and Ear training
Personal Areas of Interest
Realtor Northwood Realty, Reading, Gardening, Floral Design, Biking
Stacey Brett Conner is a Vocalist (Soprano) and Music Educator. She received an M.M. in Vocal Performance from Duquesne University, and a B.M.E. in Music Education and Vocal Performance from West Virginia Wesleyan College. She is a certified Pennsylvania Music Educator and has previously served on the Vocal Faculty for Point Park University, Point Park Summer Dance, and West Virginia Wesleyan College. She has also worked with the Larry Parsons Chorale and the Chanticleer Children's Chorus of West Virginia. As a faculty member at Chatham University, Ms. Conner is the Director of Choral Activities, and on the Voice Faculty; throughout her career, she has also taught Musical Theater, Voice for Music Educators, Elementary Music/Choir K-8, and has served as a Student Teacher Supervisor. Ms. Conner has performed with Pittsburgh Opera, Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, Pittsburgh Musical Theater, and The Opera Theatre of Pittsburgh; She has also studied in Italy with the Ezio Pinza Council for American Singers of Opera (EPCASO), and continues to perform through out the Pittsburgh area.
- B.M.E. Music Education & Vocal Performance; West Virginia Wesleyan College (Buckhannon, WV)
- M.M. Vocal Performance; Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate: Music K-12
- Pittsburgh Festival Orchestra Baroque Competition Finalist "A Baroque Christmas" Soloist (11/2010)
- American Guild of Musical Artists
- American Choral Directors Association
- Recital Series -Bethany College May 2014, Christ United Methodist Church June 2014, Chatham University September 2014
- Soprano Soloist: Felix Mendelssohn "Elijah", Faure "Requiem" Mezzo-soprano soloist: Pittsburgh Camerata "Cinderella", Bach "Magnificat"
- “La Forza del Destino” (Preziosilla) Opera Concert, "Un ballo in Maschera" (Oscar) Opera Concert
- Pittsburgh Opera Chorus : "The Summer King" WORLD PREMIERE, “Daughter of the Regiment”, “Carmen” , “Otello” ,“Aida” , “Madama Butterfly” , “Jackie Evancho Concert” , “Turandot”,“Eugene Onegin” , “La Boheme”, “Don Pasquale” (Pittsburgh Opera Center), “Samson et Dalila” ,“Aida” , “Romeo et Juliette” , “Tosca” ,“The Rakes Progress” , L'Elisir d'Amore"
- Lincoln Center Alice Tully Hall, NYC National Women’s Festival Chorus 4/2014, Director Chatham Choir Participant