International Edible Book Festival
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Join us in the JKM Library for Chatham's second celebration of The International Edible Book Festival sponsored by the JKM Library and the Food Studies Program. According to the official website (www.books2eat.com), “This festival is a celebration of the ingestion of culture and a way to concretely share a book; it is also a deeper reflection on our attachment to food and our cultural differences.”
Schedule of events:
- 3:30pm - 4:00: All entries must be dropped off in the JKM Library lobby.
- 4:00 - 5:00: Books will be on display and viewers can vote for their favorite for the "Most Popular Votes" prize.
- 5:00 - 6:00: All edible books will be consumed.
- 5:30: Prize winning edible books will be announced.
Prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
1) Grand Prize (based on overall taste, presentation and creativity)
2) Most Creative Literary Interpretation
3) Most Creative Ingredients/Use of Ingredients
4) Most Sustainable
5) Most Popular Vote
1) To submit an edible book, register on myChatham by Thursday, March 28th.
2) All edible book entries must be "bookish" through the integration of text, literary inspiration or, quite simply, the form.
3) Your “books” will be consumed, so please list all ingredients for those with food allergies. Also, if you’re attempting to win the “Most Sustainable” prize, be sure to list all sustainable elements, such as local, organic, fair trade, net zero energy use, or recycled.
4) Please bring a serving utensil for your dish.
5) All books must be dropped off in the library lobby between 3:30pm and 4:00 on Monday, April 1st.
Registration and Directions
Registration has closed. Please contact Kate Wenger at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Fee : Free
Location : Library Lobby
Event Contact InformationKate Wenger