Frequently Asked Questions for Chatham Nursing Honor Society
What types of NHS membership are available?
There are three levels of Membership. These include:
- Students in RN–BSN Program (defined as an accelerated baccalaureate nursing degree
program for RNs who already have their nursing license)
- Academic Achievement– Students in RN–BSN shall be eligible for membership if they have achieved excellence, a QPA of at least 3.6, with an invitation by the Governance Committee.
- Rank in class– RN–BSN students who are elected shall rank not lower than the highest 35 percent of their class in scholarship.
- Curriculum– Students shall have completed at least one-half (12 credits) of the required nursing curriculum and one nursing clinical course.
- Exceptions– Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the chapter's governance committee following the guidelines adopted by the International Board of Directors.
- Students in Graduate Programs (defined as an accredited program of graduate study in nursing including master and doctoral). a) Academic Achievement– Students in graduate programs shall be eligible for membership if they have achieved excellence, a QPA of at least 3.8, with an invitation by the Governance Committee. b) Curriculum– Students shall have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours for MSN students and 9 credit hours for DNP students of the required graduate curriculum. c) Exceptions – Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the chapter's governance committee following the guidelines adopted by the International Board of Directors.
- Nurse Leader – defined as a registered nurse, legally recognized to practice in his/her country with a minimum of a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent in any field, and who has demonstrated achievement in nursing shall be eligible for membership.
- Students in RN–BSN Program (defined as an accelerated baccalaureate nursing degree program for RNs who already have their nursing license)
How do you determine my membership dues?
Membership dues are determined by the Board Committee members based on current Constitution and Society activities.
How do I renew my membership next year?
A membership renewal notification will be mailed to you approximately two months prior to your membership expiration date.
If I move or change my name, who do I notify?
Please notify the Secretary as listed in the Board Members tab as soon as possible (be sure to include your full name in the body of your e-mail).
How long will I be considered a member of Chatham's Nursing Honor society?
You are a member for life after you have been inducted. You must pay annual membership fees to receive member benefits and publications.
I cannot afford to renew my membership right now. What will happen to my membership?
You will become an inactive member of the NHS and will no longer receive the member benefits and invitations to educational events. When you are able to become an active member again, simply renew your membership by downloading an application with payment as outlined under Prospective Members tab.
Does the NHS at Chatham offer scholarships?
Currently, NHS at Chatham does not have any provisions for scholarships.