What to Expect
- Complete the program in four years, or less with summer study.
- General education and science courses taught at Chatham's Shadyside Campus, prelicensure nursing courses at UPMC Shadyside School of Nursing, and RN-to-BSN courses at Chatham, with free transportation between locations.
- You will officially become a Chatham RN-to-BSN student when you pass the NCLEX-RN during your third (junior) year. Once you complete UPMC Shadyside's diploma nursing program and successfully pass the NCLEX-RN to obtain licensure as a registered nurse, you can begin to work as an RN.
- Continue your fourth (senior) year classes online and in the classroom.
- Enhance your nursing education through Chatham's additional post-graduate online degrees:
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice