Nursing Faculty and Staff
Brad Sherrod DNP, RN
Hometown : Sims, NC
Joined Chatham : 2011
Academic Areas of Interest
Nursing Leadership & Administration, Evidence-based Practices, Quality, Service, & Process Improvement, Change Management, Patient Safety
Personal Areas of Interest
Fishing, Cooking/Grilling, Virtual Gaming
Brad Sherrod is Assistant Professor of Nursing at Chatham University, Pittsburgh, PA. Dr. Sherrod has held various nursing leadership positions in acute care settings. Throughout Dr. Sherrod’s career, his focus has been on improving the patient experience by utilizing evidence-based practices to advance the quality of care and to develop refined services to enrich the patient experience. Dr. Sherrod has worked extensively in the area of process improvement and is certified in Lean Six Sigma. His work in the area of patient flow has lead to the development and implementation of evidence based process improvement practices to assist patients to safely and efficiently move through health systems. Most recently, Dr. Sherrod has focused his process improvement efforts on decreasing unintentional harmful patient events, such as falls and hospital acquired pressure ulcers.
- DNP, Duke University (Durham, NC), 2010
- MSN (Nursing Administration), University of North Carolina Greensboro (Greensboro, NC), 2003
- BSN, Barton College (Wilson, NC), 1999
- Sherrod, B., & Sherrod, D. (2013). Is online education right for you? Nursing Management, 44(4), 40-45.
- Sherrod, B., & McQuaigue, A. (2013). Building infection control reliability. Nursing2013 Critical Care, 8(4), 37-39.
- Sherrod, B., Brown, R., Vroom, J., & Sullivan, D. T. (2012). Round with purpose. Nursing Management, 43(1), 32-38.
- Sherrod, D., Sherrod, B., & Sherrod, T. (2009). Expand Your Communication Style. Men in Nursing, 39(3), 18-21
- Quick, E. L. & Sherrod, B. (2008). Job Coaching Grows Next Generation of Leaders. Men in Nursing, 3(3), 45-47
- Sherrod, B. (2008). Recruiting Through Technology. The Hypodermic, 12(3), 4-5
- Sherrod, B. (2007). Using Technology to Attract the Next Generation. Nursing Management, 38(12), 8
- Jagoe, P. & Sherrod, B. (2007). Know Your Succession Plan. OR Nurse 2007, 1(3), 10-12
- Sherrod, B. & Wood, W. (2007). Tablet PC: Information Technology's Prescription for Nursing. Men in Nursing, 2(2), 6-9
- Sherrod, B. (2006). Build a Better ED. Men in Nursing, 1(4), 38-42
- Sherrod, B., Sherrod, D., & Rasch, R. (2006). Wanted: More Men in Nursing. Men in Nursing, 1(1), 34-39
- Sherrod, B., Sherrod, D., & Rasch, R. (2005). Men at Work. Nursing Management, 36(10), 46-51
- Sherrod, B. & Brown, H. (2005). Patient Satisfaction: Get the Edge. Nursing Managment, 36(4), 61-64
- Lean Six Sigma
- National League for Nursing
- NC Organization of Nursing Leaders
- Sigma Theta Tau
- NC Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- Sherrod, B. "Round with Purpose" (Poster Presentation). Nursing2012 Symposium (Lake Buena Vista, FL), April 2012.
- Sherrod, B. "Evalaution of a Purposeful Rounding Program". Chatham University DNP Residency (Pittsburg, PA), April 2012.
- Sherrod, B. "Gender Communication in Health Care Environments" American Assembly for Men in Nursing Annual Conference (Cincinnati, Ohio) May 2008
- Sherrod, B. "Wanted: Men in Nursing" Nursing Management's Recruitment and Retention Conference (Chicago, IL) May 2007
- Sherrod, B. "Bridging the Gap for New Nurses into Their Professional Association" NCNA Annual State Convention (Raleigh, NC) October 2005