Ali Abdulrahman, Ph.D.
Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA
Joined Chatham: 2011
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST
PERSONAL AREAS OF INTEREST
Biking, Exercising, Knitting, Gardening, Cooking, Listening to music, Enjoy watching history and food channels, Traveling, Hiking
SPECIALIZATION: Human anatomy
- Trauma/ER Surgeon, Rashied military hospital, Baghdad, Iraq 1981-1984
- Mobile Medical Unit Surgeon, Iraq 1984-1987.
- Assistant lecturer of anatomy, Department of Human Anatomy, College of Medicine, Al-Nahrain University, 1990-1998
- Lecturer of anatomy, Department of Human Anatomy, College of Medicine, Al-Nahrain University, 1998-2006
- Assistant Professor of anatomy, chairman of the Department of Human Anatomy, College of Medicine, Al-Nahrain University, 2007- 2010
- Assistant Professor of Biology, Chatham University, Pittsburgh PA 2011-current
- Anatomy for undergraduate medical students as dissector, lecturer and demonstrator.
- Anatomy for undergraduate students of medical engineering.
- Elective courses in anatomy and related sciences: applied anatomy, cross sectional and imaging anatomy, research methods in anatomy; for undergraduate medical students.
- Anatomy, surgical anatomy, cross sectional and imaging anatomy, research methods, histochemistry, anatomy teaching methods and physical anthropology for postgraduate M.Sc. and Ph.D. candidates in anatomy
- Anatomy for candidates of the Iraqi board for medical studies in the braches of gynecology and obstetrics, radiology and surgical anatomy.
- Supervision on M.Sc. & Ph.D. thesis of the postgraduate students.
- Assessment of M.Sc. & Ph.D. thesis of the postgraduate students.
- College of Medicine, Basrah University, 1975-1981, Degree awarded: M.B.,Ch.B.
- College of Medicine, Baghdad University. 1987-1989, Degree awarded: M.Sc. in Anatomy, Histology and Embryology.
- College of Medicine, Al-Nahrain University, 1999-2002. Degree awarded: PhD. in human anatomy.
- Influence of a CYP1A2 polymorphism on post-exercise heart rate 3 variability in response to caffeine intake: a double-blind, 4 placebo-controlled trial (2016) R. M. Thomas; H. A. Algrain; E. J. Ryan; A. Popojas; P. Carrigan; A. Abdulrahman; A. E. Carrillo
- Ultra- histochemistry of Carboxyl ester hydrolases in the gray Matter of rabbit spinal cord.(2009) A, Abdulrahman
- Segregation of motor & sensory components of mammalian.Ali Abdul Sattar Abdulrahman
- The effects of growth hormone inhibition on the activities of epithelial cells in thymus gland of mature mice. Ali Abdulsattar Abdulrahman
- An in vivo ultrastructure study of thymic nurse cells in albino male mice.Ali Abdulsattar Abdulrahman
- Ultra-histochemical study on lemmocytes in the rabbit. Ali Abdulsattar Abdulrahman
- Histological changes in rat liver induced by exogenous melatonin. Ali Abdulsattar Abdulrahman
- Histological modulation of adult rat's thyroid in response to anti oxidant factor. Ali Abdulsattar Abdulrahman
- Histological effect on epididymidis of adult rats in response to melatonin. Ali Abdulsattar Abdulrahman
- Ultra-histochemical study of carboxylesters hydrolases activity in the interneurons of the mammalian spinal cord. Ali Abdulsattar Abdulrahman
- Pineal gland calcification within Saudi Arabian populations (2017) Al-Jarba N; Abdulrahman A