Lei Wang, Ph.D.
Hometown: Taipei, Taiwan
- Ph.D., Indiana University Bloomington (Bloomington, IN), 2019
- M.S.Ed., Indiana University Bloomington (Bloomington, IN), 2017
- M.Ed., University of Missouri (Columbia, MO), 2014
- B.Ed., National Taiwan Normal University (Taipei, Taiwan), 2014
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST
Mental health, college students, cross-national research, international students, Asian American, students of color, counseling training, supervision, clinical work, language-specific counseling
Mok, K. D., Kohnen, S., Bergman, Z., Ko, S.-J., & Wang, L. (2021). Not your model minority: Examining the unique challenges and resilience of East Asian American girls and emerging adults. In A. Demoura (Ed.), Emerging adults and adulthood (pp. 43-82). Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Wang, L., Vaughan, E. L., Chen, S., & Gilman, L. (2021). Infusing multicultural and social justice counseling competencies: Reflection on establishing Mandarin counseling services. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 43(2), 95-111
- Lau, P. L., Chung, Y. B., & Wang, L. (2021). Effects of a career exploration intervention on career maturity and self-concept. Journal of Career Development, 48(4), 311-324
- Ahn, L. H., Keum, B. T. H., Meizys, G. M., Choudry, A., Gomes, M. A., & Wang, L. (2021). Second-generation Asian American women’s gendered racial socialization. Journal of Counseling Psychology. Advance online publication
- Wang, L., Lin, H.-C., & Wong, Y. J. (2021). Perceived racial discrimination on the change of suicide risk among ethnic minorities in the U.S. Ethnicity and Health. 26(5), 631-645.
- Keum, B. T. H., & Wang, L. (2021). Supervision and psychotherapy process and outcome: A meta-analytic review. Translational Issues in Psychological Science 7(1), 89-108.
- Wang, L., Wong, Y. J., Ko, S.-J., Deng, K., & Chung, Y. B. (2020). “I am very proud to be Taiwanese”: Taiwanese internationals’ experience of race, ethnicity, and nationality in the United States. Asian American Journal of Psychology. Advance online publication.
- Wang, L., Bordon, J. J., Wang, K. T, & Yeung, J. G. (2019). Acculturation, enculturation, perceived discrimination, and well-being: A comparison between U.S. raised and non-U.S. raised Asian students. Asian American Journal of Psychology, 10, 22-32.
- Wang, L., Ko, S.-J., & Keum, B. T. H. (2019). Through the lens of indigenous psychology to a Taiwanese International Bicultural Model. In M. Allison (Ed.), Exploring the opportunities and challenges of international students. Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Wang, L., Wong, Y. J., & Chung, Y. B. (2018). Family perfectionism, shame, and mental health among Asian American and Asian international emerging adults: Mediating and moderating relationships. Asian American Journal of Psychology, 9, 117-126.
- Wang, L., Wang, K. T., Heppner, P. P., & Chuang, C.-C. (2017). Cross-national cultural competency among Taiwanese international students. Journal of Diversity in Higher Education, 10, 271-287.
- Research Award (2017), Graduate and Professional Student Government, Indiana University Bloomington. An award to support research expenses incurred in connection with academic research (dissertation).
- Government Scholarship to Study Abroad (2017-2019), Ministry of Education, Taiwan.
- Dual Degree Scholarship (2011-2012), Ministry of Education, Taiwan
- Member (2015-present) and Past Student Representative (2017-2019), Taiwan Psychology Network (TPN)
- Member (2020-present) and Student Affiliate (2013-2019), Division 17: Society of Counseling Psychology, American Psychological Association