Lei Wang, Ph.D.
Hometown: Taipei, Taiwan
- Ph.D., Indiana University Bloomington (Bloomington, IN), 2019
- M.S.Ed., Indiana University Bloomington (Bloomington, IN), 2017
- M.Ed., University of Missouri (Columbia, MO), 2014
- B.Ed., National Taiwan Normal University (Taipei, Taiwan), 2014
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST
Mental health, college students, cross-national research, international students, Asian American, students of color, counseling training, supervision, clinical work, language-specific counseling
- Wang, L., Bordon, J. J., Wang, K. T, & Yeung, J. G. (2019). Acculturation, enculturation, perceived discrimination, and well-being: A comparison between U.S. raised and non-U.S. raised Asian students. Asian American Journal of Psychology, 10, 22-32. doi:10.1037/aap0000117
- Wang, L., Ko, S.-J., & Keum, B. T. H. (2019). Through the lens of indigenous psychology to a Taiwanese International Bicultural Model. In M. Allison (Ed.), Exploring the opportunities and challenges of international students. Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
- Wang, L., Lin, H.-C., & Wong, Y. J. (2018). Racial discrimination on the change of suicide risk among ethnic minorities in the U.S. Ethnicity and Health. Advance online publication. doi:10.1080/13557858.2018.1557117
- Wang, L., Wong, Y. J., & Chung, Y. B. (2018). Family perfectionism, shame, and mental health among Asian American and Asian international emerging adults: Mediating and moderating relationships. Asian American Journal of Psychology, 9, 117-126. doi:10.1037/aap0000098
- Wang, L., Wang, K. T., Heppner, P. P., & Chuang, C.-C. (2017). Cross-national cultural competency among Taiwanese international students. Journal of Diversity in Higher Education, 10, 271-287. doi:10.1037/dhe0000020
- Research Award (2017), Graduate and Professional Student Government, Indiana University Bloomington. An award to support research expenses incurred in connection with academic research (dissertation).
- Government Scholarship to Study Abroad (2017-2019), Ministry of Education, Taiwan.
- Dual Degree Scholarship (2011-2012), Ministry of Education, Taiwan
- Member (2015-present) and Past Student Representative (2017-2019), Taiwan Psychology Network (TPN)
- Member (2020-present) and Student Affiliate (2013-2019), Division 17: Society of Counseling Psychology, American Psychological Association