Kasey Stepansky, CScD, OTR/L, C/NDT, CBIS
Hometown: Breezewood, PA
ACADEMIC AREAS OF INTEREST
Inpatient Rehabilitation Caregiver Training, Student Fieldwork Experience, Brain Injury Rehabilitation, Clinical Quality Improvement in Transitional Planning, Home Modifications, and Practice Scholarship
PERSONAL AREAS OF INTEREST
Traveling, Singing, Concerts, Pittsburgh Steelers
Dr. Stepansky is a graduate of Duquesne University where she received both her Bachelor of Science degree in Health Science (2012) and Master of Science in Occupational Therapy (2013). She received her Clinical Science Doctorate in Occupational Therapy from the University of Pittsburgh in 2018. Dr. Stepansky has provided occupational therapy services for adults in inpatient rehabilitation, home health, and acute care settings. She has provided occupational therapy evaluations and interventions for neurological clients in two different NIH funded studies. Her primary interests are in community reintegration of adult clients with neurological injuries and quality improvement of health systems based on evidence-based practice. Dr. Stepansky is certified as a Brain Injury Specialist and in Neuro-Developmental Treatment. She completed a teaching fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh and has worked as an adjunct clinical instructor at both Duquesne University and the University of Pittsburgh. Dr. Stepansky has presented locally, statewide, and nationally on topics including home modifications, practice scholarship, and caregiver training. Dr. Stepansky is married, with a lovable pit bull puppy. In her spare time, she loves to sing show tunes, travel internationally, and go to concerts with her husband and friends.
- CScD, University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA), 2018
- MS, Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA), 2013
- BS, Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA), 2012
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association
- Neuro-Developmental Treatment Association
- American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Pi Theta Epsilon
- Leidy, K. & Crist, P. (2015, March). Home modification practice: A survey of current topics and trends. Home and Community Health Special Interest Section Quarterly, 22(1). http://www.aota.org/Practice/Manage/SIS/SISs/HCHSIS.aspx
- Certified in Adult Neurodevelopmental Treatment: C/NDT
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist: CBIS
- 2016 Community Support Award from Chatham University Master of Occupational Therapy Program
- 2013 Duquesne University Department of Occupational Therapy Student Leadership Award
- 2012-2013 Dean’s Outstanding Occupational Therapy Student Award
- Stepansky, K., Rodak, C., & Bleakley, S. (2019, April 9). Evidence-based approaches in action: Caregiver education, goal setting, & strategy based intervention. Short course presented at the Annual Council on Brain Injury Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Stepansky, K., Rodak, C., Sethi, A., Toto, P., & Bleakley, S. (2019, April 4). Caring for Our Caregivers: Caregiver preparedness training within inpatient brain injury rehabilitation. Short course presented at the American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Stepansky, K., Sethi, A., Toto, P., James, E., Leighton, C., & Bendixen, R. (2018, September 30). Caregiver preparedness training in inpatient rehabilitation for clients with acquired head injuries. Poster session presented at the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine Annual Conference, Dallas, TX.
- Crist, P., Bachman, G., Bowyer, P., Eaton, V., Grabowski, L., Hines, D., Munoz, J., Munoz, L., Piller, A., Rogers, S., & Stepansky, K. (2017, April 2). Collaborative practice-scholar inquiry for practice & education: Embedding the scholarship of practice strategies in everyday practice. Short course presented at the American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- Crist, P. & Leidy, K. (2013, November 8). Rebuilding Together: Follow-up survey of recipients over five years to forward the action for occupationally-based home modifications. Poster session presented at the Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Crist, P. & Leidy, K. (2013, April 25). Rebuilding Together: Follow-up survey of recipients over five years to forward the action for occupationally-based home modifications. Research platform presented at the American Occupational Therapy Association Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Leidy, K. (2012, September 28). Bariatric surgery: Occupational performance and quality of life. Poster session presented at the Pennsylvania Occupational Therapy Association Conference, Lancaster, PA.
- Crist, P. & Leidy, K. (2011, October 15). Occupational performance lessons learned from the bariatric surgery journey: Multiple perspectives. PowerPoint lecture presented at the Ohio Occupational Therapy Association Conference, Cuyahoga Falls, OH.